Thread: Cast Performance bullets

Cast Performance bullets

Anyone here have any experiences with this company's bullets that they would like to share?

Specifically, I've been eyeballing these (random example link): https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/74346 265 grains, gas check and a lovely wide meplat - sounds nice. The retailer I found that sells in my area says they're a special order item and won't give any timetable for delivery, so I haven't made up my mind whether I want to try ordering some or not.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Anyone here have any experiences with this company's bullets that they would like to share?

Specifically, I've been eyeballing these (random example link): https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog...roductId/74346 265 grains, gas check and a lovely wide meplat - sounds nice. The retailer I found that sells in my area says they're a special order item and won't give any timetable for delivery, so I haven't made up my mind whether I want to try ordering some or not.
    From what I hear, they are top tier bullets. I would use them without hestitation.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    From what I hear, they are top tier bullets. I would use them without hestitation.
    This.

Absolutely top quality. Right up there with https://www.montanabulletworks.com/p...aliber=45-colt That said, go direct to them if you can.

Also, several sources have noted trouble getting accuracy with the WFN designs unless you're at full throttle. The LFN and True Keith SWC variants offer nearly as much meplat and are far easier to get shooting accurately.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    This.

The LFN and True Keith SWC variants offer nearly as much meplat and are far easier to get shooting accurately.

Okie John
    Agreed. True Keith stlyle SWC's are also better at longer ranges.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

Midway has many of this line in stock.

I used to drive up to Cody WY at least once a year and I’d stop in Riverton (where Cast Performance was located) and stock up.

I still have a good stash

They were fantastic bullets. Can’t say what the modern ones are like.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Site Supporter
    I used a lot of the 300gr .430 WFN-GC bullets in my Redhawk before the company changed hands. At that point they became hard to find, so I got into casting and didn't need to try the new ones.

They were good though, no complaints at all.

Chris

Cast Performance bullets

A rip-off of the LBT WFN design.

I ran thousands of home-cast .44-280-WFN/GC through my .44 mags when I was in to handgun hunting.

Now days I like their Ogival Wadcutter with a lot less pressure & recoil.

User Tag List