Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Somebody buy me the gun from HEAT, please

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post

Got my FNC and Colt 733 SBR.... Not sure how to rotate my picture though.
    Let an old Air Force guy help you out.

--Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Attachment 60594

Got my FNC and Colt 733 SBR.... Not sure how to rotate my picture though.
    I tend to use the Snipping Tool to grab an image of the image.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    As transferable 5.56 caliber rifles go- $16k is fairly reasonable
    I used to have a transferable sear in an FNC, and yes it is in the less expensive range for transferable 5.56mm machine guns. However, it's a poor choice because spare parts are rare, and because you're stuck with 5.56mm. You may pay a couple thousand more for an M16, but the plethora of available parts and the fact that you can change an M16 to any number of other calibers means that it's a much better choice for most people. Not coincidentally, after owning a number of other machine guns over almost 2 decades, the only one I've retained is an M16.

But if you want the gun from Heat because you want the gun from Heat, then I guess only the gun from Heat will do.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I miss bartering with toilet paper
    Name:  download (1).jpeg
Views: 316
Size:  52.7 KB

(seen on Twitter)

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I used to have a transferable sear in an FNC, and yes it is in the less expensive range for transferable 5.56mm machine guns. However, it's a poor choice because spare parts are rare, and because you're stuck with 5.56mm. You may pay a couple thousand more for an M16, but the plethora of available parts and the fact that you can change an M16 to any number of other calibers means that it's a much better choice for most people. Not coincidentally, after owning a number of other machine guns over almost 2 decades, the only one I've retained is an M16.

But if you want the gun from Heat because you want the gun from Heat, then I guess only the gun from Heat will do.
    Concur.

There is a lighting link on GB now for $19k If you’re into that

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I would not worry about being locked into the 5.56mm. I would worry about the lack of spare parts to the point that it would be a deal killer. Are the spare parts that hard to buy? I would think that you would want a bunch of extractors, firing pins, springs, at least 2 spare bolts.

If you are going for an actual select fire transferable Colt select fire you will likely be paying twice as much as the listed price for that selectfire FNC.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    And free shipping.
    Except to Alaska and Hawaii.. cheap bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    "You can place this item on Layaway with only 30% down today and 90 days to pay. Simply choose the Layaway option during checkout!"
    FREE SHIPPING!

I belong to the only real NFA friendly gun club in the greater Birmingham area and a friend there has one of these FNC sear guns. There was some strange case where a bunch of pre-86 sears were being held up by some ATF red tape and they all got loose at once in the late 90's or around the turn of the century. Everybody who bought one (including my friend from the club) had to find a semi-auto host FNC gun to covert of course. He was really proud of the fact that he had gotten into the gun and sear for around $5K at the time.

I have fired his many times, it runs perfectly, is a blast to shoot, and will hold its own with any similarly configured NFA AR.

However the big catch on full auto rifle cartridge NFA guns is at some point, if you are having fun with the dang thing, you are going to have to rebarrel it. Simple as that, you are either going to really get picky about heating it up or you are going to concede that sooner or later you burn up and wear out a barrel.

That is not the easy thing with this rifle like it is with the full auto AR/M16 platforms. My friend sold his FNC and the sear pack at a good profit (transferable pre-86 NFA items only increase in price, forever...) for that reason, he did not know where his next barrel was coming from. With an AR platform you can buy cheap barrels and stack them deep and burn them up at will. With the HK autosear tribe you can keep buying PTR, Century rifles in .223 or .308 or even 7.62x39, install your sear pack, and burn them up and simply scrap them when you are done. There is no such solution for the FNC.

I suppose there are people who consider the full auto NFA guns as "weapons" but I and most of the people I shoot the NFA stuff with consider them more amusement park rides or range toys, and having one you are afraid to go out and have fun with is a giant waste of money in my view.
    Last edited by fatdog; 09-19-2020 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    Despite the douchebag liberals they became, they put in some hard work and range time with a couple of former SAS types.

You don't get that good without an interest and motivation. And many, many people that approach that kind of money, recognition, and societal fawning can quickly become corrupted into thinking they are better/smarter than everyone else in the room, and think they deserve your agreement with their delusions.

Now I have to dust off my special edition DVD off and rewatch the movie. Followed by Ronin, with Natascha McElhone and her Irish accent....wait a second....<runs to kitchen, adds Cherry Almond Jergens and Kleenex to the grocery list...runs back> We may just have a weekend plan here!

pat

P.S. I thought about mentioning cool guy Deniro and douche bag Bean, but after making plans with Natascha I didn't want to seem wierd or anything.
    Let me know if you figure out the colour of the boathouse at Hereford.

User Tag List