Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BK Grip for Round Butt K-Frame?

BK Grip for Round Butt K-Frame?

I need a grip adapter for a K-frame round butt revolver. My initial thought would be to get a Tyler T-grip, but others have mentioned BK grip. BK does not have separate SKUs for round butt and square butt guns like Tyler. Does this matter? Or does the regular grip adapter work fine for both?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I need a grip adapter for a K-frame round butt revolver. My initial thought would be to get a Tyler T-grip, but others have mentioned BK grip. BK does not have separate SKUs for round butt and square butt guns like Tyler. Does this matter? Or does the regular grip adapter work fine for both?
    FYI... i sent an order to Tyler in April. Check cashed almost immediately. I have yet to receive my grip adapter or have them repsond to any communication.

Rd62, thanks for the update. That’s not good. Hopefully it’s just a COVID shutdown issue, and when they open up, you’ll get it.

But that does tip the scale towards BK, if their adapter fits my gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have put BK on a round butt, no problems.

I like the BK's on K's. Works on round butt or square butt.

Name:  20200917_183455.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  71.9 KB
    Last edited by Half Moon; 09-17-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    Rd62, thanks for the update. That’s not good. Hopefully it’s just a COVID shutdown issue, and when they open up, you’ll get it.

But that does tip the scale towards BK, if their adapter fits my gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I ordered a BK a couple weeks ago. Had it in about two days. Fit with no issues on my K frame and feels good in the hand. Hopefully the Tyler shows up one day but if not I'll chalk it up to a learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by rd62 View Post
    FYI... i sent an order to Tyler in April. Check cashed almost immediately. I have yet to receive my grip adapter or have them repsond to any communication.
    Same here except my check was cashed in March. I sent a second letter at the end of August telling them either send me my money back or send me the Tgrip or else I was going to the OK attorney general's office of consumer affairs at the end of this month (and I will)....25 weeks, there is no COVID related excuse for that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Same here except my check was cashed in March. I sent a second letter at the end of August telling them either send me my money back or send me the Tgrip or else I was going to the OK attorney general's office of consumer affairs at the end of this month (and I will)....25 weeks, there is no COVID related excuse for that.
    That sucks but kinda glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Hopefully it’s just a COVID shutdown issue, and when they open up, you’ll get it.
    It's not covid related.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-rev...er-t-grip.html
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/gun-lea...-you-know.html

Exceedingly long wait times have been a common theme for at least a decade now.

I think the people that have the best experience either buy used, buy BKs, or send a check for the T-grip and forget about it until they're pleasantly surprised a few months down the line. It seems to be the case that the more you call, the longer you wait.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    It's not covid related.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-rev...er-t-grip.html
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/gun-lea...-you-know.html

Exceedingly long wait times have been a common theme for at least a decade now.

I think the people that have the best experience either buy used, buy BKs, or send a check for the T-grip and forget about it until they're pleasantly surprised a few months down the line. It seems to be the case that the more you call, the longer you wait.
    ^^^This. I did order a T-grip in 2017 for a 1920s-vintage M&P, because I didn't think that the BK grip wold look right for it. I was surprised to get the T-grip in under a month. But that seems to be a rare occurrence.

All of my "modern" K-frames have BK grips if I've not changed them to Goodyears or something else.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List