Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A whole new level of 'lazy' gun for me...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The LCP is kind of like the P-07 for me.

The P-07 is even more boring than a Glock, but it works and works well.

The LCP is among the most boring of guns, but I can shoot it well enough, mine is reliable, and and it is smaller than a J-Frame.
    You keep saying the P-07 bores you... I don't get it. I think the 07 is sexy . Anyway, the LCP is not boring to me either, it's so cheaply made that I always expect something to go wrong with it. And I shoot it better than I expect too, so that's kind of exciting.

@RevolverRob, adding an aftermarket barrel for a new caliber... that seems like it's taking an iffy gun and making it iffier? But that's why you carry a knife, right?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    You keep saying the P-07 bores you... I don't get it. I think the 07 is sexy . Anyway, the LCP is not boring to me either, it's so cheaply made that I always expect something to go wrong with it. And I shoot it better than I expect too, so that's kind of exciting.

@RevolverRob, adding an aftermarket barrel for a new caliber... that seems like it's taking an iffy gun and making it iffier? But that's why you carry a knife, right?
    It bores me because it works and I can't really justify switching platforms! I am taking my aggression out on it.

Your P-07 does looks better than mine.

Site Supporter
    I wish I could get a true gen 1 LCP. I do not want, nor need, and a better trigger for the what the LCP is supposed to be. Something that small, carried in my pocket, needs the long trigger pull in my opinion.

The reliability of the .32 NAA would be interesting to see. Over a few examples and many rounds.

The IA barrel actually seems to fit better and is better finished than the Ruger barrel. My concerns for iffy'ness are at least partially abrogated by the bottleneck nature of the .32NAA cartridge. In my experience, bottlenecks tend to feed A LOT more reliably than a straight wall case. And since .32NAA is identical in loaded length to a .380 and has the same rim, no real concerns there. I don't have many rounds through this rig just a 100.

We'll see if things go sideways after more rounds. But I doubt it. I'm not match shooting this thing and I view pocket pistols as the types of guns you shoot two mags through at the range and then make sure it's fairly clean and lubed.

I wish I could get a true gen 1 LCP. I do not want, nor need, and a better trigger for the what the LCP is supposed to be. Something that small, carried in my pocket, needs the long trigger pull in my opinion.

The reliability of the .32 NAA would be interesting to see. Over a few examples and many rounds.
    This one is brand new, dude. I bought it 6-weeks ago at GT Distributors in Dallas, I think it was $220?

I like the LCP1, gen 2. That’s the best of the bunch IMO.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Name:  sophiscated_cat.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  28.6 KB

"I should buy a lazy gun"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    This one is brand new, dude. I bought it 6-weeks ago at GT Distributors in Dallas, I think it was $220?

How was the inventory there? I’ve been to that store way too many times, but it has been a while.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Easier to shoot for my carpal tunnel laden wrists. Accurate enough for this gun (I shot a 91 on a modified version (for time) of The Test a few weeks ago). I wish the Hornady ammo was a bit faster (per folks who have chrono'ed the round, about 900fps from the LCP). Theoretically, it can be loaded upwards of 1100. Not really sure if that is true.

Plus right now you can find .32 NAA ammo...and you can't find .380.
    Interesting observations. I am going to have to file this away as an option for anyone with hand or wrist issues or recoil sensitivity that needs a really small gun. Currently I would recommend a Kel-Tec P-32.

When the .32 NAA and .25 NAA came out, I was surprised that .32 was the more popular of the two. The .25 provides a rimless alternative to the semi-rimmed .32 ACP, but never really seemed to catch on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I like the LCP1, gen 2. That’s the best of the bunch IMO.
    I'll be honest, I did not know there was an LCP1 Gen2. Had to look it up. I'm sure that's what this gun is, because it has a MFG date of Dec 2019.

I thought @TheNewbie meant the LCPII - well this gun has a decent trigger that reminds me of a Kahr. It's lighter and a bit shorter than a J-frame, but there is nothing non-deliberate about it.

I had one of the very first LCPs years ago. And I thought maybe my memory was just wrong, because I remembered it being a horrendous little gun compared to this one. Now I see I probably was not mis-remembering, the sights are bigger on this gun and the trigger is better.

How was the inventory there? I’ve been to that store way too many times, but it has been a while.
    Pretty slim. If you have a GSSF coupon - they have tons of blue labels in stock, but virtually everything else is out. They had a case full of used Gen3 Glocks in .40 and a few G21s.

I was there to pick up my Rattler and inquired if they had an LCP1 in stock, figuring they wouldn't and I got lucky and they did have one.

And the wait was atrocious. I got there at 1:30pm and my number wasn't called until 3:30. There were still a lot of folks behind me too. Go EARLY if you're going.

User Tag List