Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A whole new level of 'lazy' gun for me...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    ^^^ A homeless person just threw garbage at my truck as I drove to the meeting.
    Sounds to me like you were recklessly driving too close to where a differently-sheltered person was trying to safely dispose of their trash.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm carrying my lazy gun today, for a business meeting near a homeless-dense part of town.

Ruger LCP1 Gen2, .380ACP in a Pocket Shark holster. Here are some dryfire draws from hand on gun to first shot:

Relaxed, not pushing speed:

Pushing speed:
    Slacks or jeans?

I like the look of that pocket holster. Does the thickness of the kydex provide enough "stand-off" to prevent the LCP's grip from printing? I immediately (re)-discovered that as a problem with basic pocket holsters. So I switched to a leather holster with a flat side on the outer side, now it looks like a phone or notebook. But it's also a not a great draw stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Slacks or jeans?

I like the look of that pocket holster. Does the thickness of the kydex provide enough "stand-off" to prevent the LCP's grip from printing? I immediately (re)-discovered that as a problem with basic pocket holsters. So I switched to a leather holster with a flat side on the outer side, now it looks like a phone or notebook. But it's also a not a great draw stroke.
    I almost never wear jeans. These were 5.11 Apex pants, kind of low-pro cargo pants.

This pocket holster has a smooth face, and there really isn't any printing. I can get as full a grip as is realistic with this mousegun, and the draw can be pretty quick if needed. I added a Victor Grippy Gun Band to add retention to this holster, and that makes it close to perfect.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

RR - which DCC clip are you using on that? Went to their website to order a couple and holy cats, there's a lot of options...

Work-From-Home Holster, Classic Version

Work from home, in comfort, wearing warm-up pants, PJ pants, or, no pants at all, without compromising on one’s carry gun:

https://epsaddlery.com/product/1942-...-to-5-barrels/

https://epsaddlery.com/product/1942-...-8-38-barrels/

ETA: If one must carry a tiny weapon, the 1911 version of this rig just happens to work well with a Glock G42.
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-24-2020 at 08:12 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Slacks or jeans?

What leather holster manufacturer?
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Wasn't this originally the Kel-Tec .32? I have had one for 20 years now, with the pocket clip. I got it before the P3AT was a thing. Never had a problem with it. Got it grandfathered in on my firearms card. Don't carry it much now. Maybe when I retire it will be a second or third gun.

pat

User Tag List