Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A whole new level of 'lazy' gun for me...

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Interesting observations. I am going to have to file this away as an option for anyone with hand or wrist issues or recoil sensitivity that needs a really small gun. Currently I would recommend a Kel-Tec P-32.

When the .32 NAA and .25 NAA came out, I was surprised that .32 was the more popular of the two. The .25 provides a rimless alternative to the semi-rimmed .32 ACP, but never really seemed to catch on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bill, my concern here is the ability for someone to rack the slide.

My mother has fairly weak hands and she was unable, try as she might, to get the LCP racked back. The .32NAA conversion does use a slightly lighter (12 vs. 13 pound) recoil spring, but I'm not sure that's enough to make a difference. And with the LCP having a rounded slide profile and minimal sights there just isn't a lot to grab onto to aid in racking the gun.

However, the IA barrels do work in the LCPII which has a slide lock on an empty mag. Not ideal, but might work better fo strength compromised hands.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Bill, my concern here is the ability for someone to rack the slide.

My mother has fairly weak hands and she was unable, try as she might, to get the LCP racked back. The .32NAA conversion does use a slightly lighter (12 vs. 13 pound) recoil spring, but I'm not sure that's enough to make a difference. And with the LCP having a rounded slide profile and minimal sights there just isn't a lot to grab onto to aid in racking the gun.

However, the IA barrels do work in the LCPII which has a slide lock on an empty mag. Not ideal, but might work better fo strength compromised hands.
    Good point about racking the slide. However, the P-32 really needs 11 lb. springs for complete reliability. So, someone who can manage that can hopefully manage 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Plus right now you can find .32 NAA ammo...and you can't find .380.
    I can find .380, and I'm not telling anyone where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I wish I could get a true gen 1 LCP. I do not want, nor need, and a better trigger for the what the LCP is supposed to be.
    Ironically, the LCP trigger cleans up just fine. Deburr the action and it's GTG. It shares the characteristic with K and L frames that the hammer spring is tensioned frictionlessly between two pivots, so it's inherently smooth when you get the grit out of all the cheaply-made parts.

I had an LCP Custom that cleaned up nicely, but had a lot of feeding issues. A LOT. It came back from Ruger with an all new slide, barrel and other top-end guts. By that time, I'd figured out that shooting it was causing tissue damage to my trigger finger, because although I could grip it tightly enough to actually make hits, I couldn't grip it tightly enough with my XXXL hands to keep it from pitching excessively under recoil. It went down the road.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    A Ruger LCP w/Innovative Arms .32NAA barrel - Talon Grips, Clipdraw Kydex Trigger 'Sheath', Shivworks El Niño, and DCC clips...It clips nice in the front of my work-from-home COVID-19 approved gym shorts.

http://instagram.com/p/CFQDrLYpa-q/
    I've been looking for an alternative to pocket carry for my LCP. That clipdraw/DCC combo looks like just the ticket. What's the hardware recipe to add the clip? Did you have to do any drilling/heating/cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    I've been looking for an alternative to pocket carry for my LCP. That clipdraw/DCC combo looks like just the ticket. What's the hardware recipe to add the clip?
    Basically it's held in with a long Chicago screw I had in my baggy of attachment gear. I wish I could tell you where it came from, but I can't. It's about twice the length of one you normally use for securing clips to a kydex holster, so probably a 10-12mm (3/8"-1/2") length screw. I used three rubber washers, two on the inside of the guard around the shaft of the screw post and one on the clip side. It spaced the clip out perfectly. After that, tightened it down and away we go.

I need to put a bit of loctite on the screw threads, but otherwise it's solid as can be.

Did you have to do any drilling/heating/cutting?
    Nope, it worked great!

Site Supporter
    Basically it's held in with a long Chicago screw I had in my baggy of attachment gear. I wish I could tell you where it came from, but I can't. It's about twice the length of one you normally use for securing clips to a kydex holster, so probably a 10-12mm (3/8"-1/2") length screw. I used three rubber washers, two on the inside of the guard around the shaft of the screw post and one on the clip side. It spaced the clip out perfectly. After that, tightened it down and away we go.

I need to put a bit of loctite on the screw threads, but otherwise it's solid as can be.
    Thanks for the info! I had a sneaking suspicion it was going to take some improvisation. I'll have to see what I can kludge together.

A Ruger LCP w/Innovative Arms .32NAA barrel - Talon Grips, Clipdraw Kydex Trigger 'Sheath', Shivworks El Niño, and DCC clips...It clips nice in the front of my work-from-home COVID-19 approved gym shorts.

http://instagram.com/p/CFQDrLYpa-q/

Nice set up! Interesting converson barrel.

My "Lazy Gun" "Super Deep" concealment gun is a humble, stock Kel Tec p32 Gen 2 loaded with Fiocchi 73gr FMJ. Very easy to shoot and has been reliable with the Fiocchi FMJ. Everything I have read shows about 15" or so penetration so it should do in a pinch If I can do my part. However, it is stll a Kel Tec so ...
    Last edited by 4given; 09-23-2020 at 11:42 AM.

That dude is living the fucking dream...

Also for some reason, I sort of picture this being @Maple Syrup Actual - in about 25-years.
    You do realize "that dude" is Leonard Nimoy, right?
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

A whole new level of 'lazy' gun for me...

I'm carrying my lazy gun today, for a business meeting near a homeless-dense part of town.

Ruger LCP1 Gen2, .380ACP in a Pocket Shark holster. Here are some dryfire draws from hand on gun to first shot:

Relaxed, not pushing speed:

Pushing speed:
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

^^^ A homeless person just threw garbage at my truck as I drove to the meeting.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List