Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .22LR AR Conversions?

Quote Originally Posted by Al T. View Post
    Chris, I'm sold on the S&W M&P15-22. FWIW, I'm closing in on 5k rounds down range with zero issues.
    Me too!. I have a S&W M&P15-22 and I love it. It will literally go over 1,000 rounds without cleaning.

I have a CMMG dedicated 22 upper that works quite well. it does need to be fed a steady diet of good .22, and it keeps on rolling. If I try to run bulk Winchester or Remington ammo through it, then it will hang up at some point every time. Other that that it's runs like a top.
    I do my best proofreading after I hit "Send"

Status update - AAAAARRGH!

There, I feel better.

Got a new extractor and spring from TacSol, thanks guys. I installed them and headed to the range, and while the new extractor helped a bit, I was still getting either a light strike or a dead trigger every 4-5 shots. I pulled the bolt and trimmed about 3 coils off the recoil spring, no change. 3 more coils, still no change. Removed the buffer and spring, no change.

I'm gonna give this thing one more try, with a known-good stock AR lower. If that doesn't show results, it's headed back to TacSol and/or the For Sale forums.

Still thinking about an M&P15-22.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

-C

Use a normal hammer/trigger spring to get it to work, then worry about the other triggers.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Another status update - it was either the lower or the trigger group in the lower. I stuck the TacSol upper on my defensive carbine lower, an old Eagle Arms with a JP trigger group and a full-power AR hammer spring. This afternoon at the range it ran flawlessly through 200 rounds of mixed Winchester M-22, Remington Golden Bullet bulk, and old, nasty, corroded Federal HV bulk ammo.

Life is good again. Thanks!

-C
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

User Tag List