Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis city council shocked to see rise in crime

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If it does start, the weak point, as always, is the dispatch center. "My husband is off his meds, ate a baggie of meth, and has a machete" becomes "Wife states husband is having some kind of mental problem."
    That's terrifyingly plausible.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    That's terrifyingly plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If it does start, the weak point, as always, is the dispatch center. "My husband is off his meds, ate a baggie of meth, and has a machete" becomes "Wife states husband is having some kind of mental problem."
    I lol'd. The mental image of some 23 y/o sociology major showing up on scene solo with poorly fit soft armor and a clipboard is way too funny.

Of course it will be much less funny when that happens in reality.... gotta get my laughs in now while I can.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I lol'd. The mental image of some 23 y/o sociology major showing up on scene solo with poorly fit soft armor and a clipboard is way too funny.

Of course it will be much less funny when that happens in reality.... gotta get my laughs in now while I can.
    I used to work with a guy who'd been a paramedic in St. Louis before coming to Ft. Riley's ambulance service. He used to talk about getting dispatched to a "chest pain" run and the guy was shot in the chest. Technically correct, as it probably hurt.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    You guys do know we don’t have confirmation that the city council members are still using protection details since that article was written and also posted here in June, right?

ETA: let’s try to discern if shit is up to date and factual before we get all riled up over something that may or may not even be happening now.

If you’ve read through the thread you’ll know that we have Top-Men working on verification.
    Regardless of whether they are or have received a protective detail matters not. No politician anywhere should get a protective detail minus the sitting President, VP and a few in the chain of succession for when/if shit goes awry. They should have to live like the rest of us. The fact that anyone else receives preferred treatment is absolute crap and just serves to create a greater sense of entitlement which is already a huge fucking problem in our government. I give two shits that their life is under threat and what office they hold. If they are that concerned about their well being step down and let someone who isn't scared lead the way or pay for their own protective detail, they make more than enough in pay generally speaking. The constituents regardless of zip code have been footing the bill for egotistical entitled politicians for entirely too long. Politicians are no more entitled to a protective detail than any other citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Regardless of whether they are or have received a protective detail matters not. No politician anywhere should get a protective detail minus the sitting President, VP and a few in the chain of succession for when/if shit goes awry.
    I don't disagree with your base concept, but "are" vs "have" makes a big difference in terms of the amount of taxpayer $ wasted, with "have" obviously being much smaller, which is why I (and presumably the others who want to know) care about that distinction.

Regardless of whether they are or have received a protective detail matters not. No politician anywhere should get a protective detail minus the sitting President, VP and a few in the chain of succession for when/if shit goes awry. They should have to live like the rest of us. The fact that anyone else receives preferred treatment is absolute crap and just serves to create a greater sense of entitlement which is already a huge fucking problem in our government. I give two shits that their life is under threat and what office they hold. If they are that concerned about their well being step down and let someone who isn't scared lead the way or pay for their own protective detail, they make more than enough in pay generally speaking. The constituents regardless of zip code have been footing the bill for egotistical entitled politicians for entirely too long. Politicians are no more entitled to a protective detail than any other citizen.
    I couldn’t agree more.. If these assholes want a protective detail, sure, fine, we’ll set you up with one..And, deduct the cost of that detail from your paycheck... These idiots in Minneapolis didn’t want the police, so, they should be the first to go without...

Looks like somebody pulled the plug at the end of june.

#stribgooglefu
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I don't disagree with your base concept, but "are" vs "have" makes a big difference in terms of the amount of taxpayer $ wasted, with "have" obviously being much smaller, which is why I (and presumably the others who want to know) care about that distinction.
    I don't disagree that it is important to understand the monetary cost initially and its impact on finances for the jurisdiction/area the funds are coming from for those who've already fronted a cost for protective details. But the real issue at hand isn't the money it is that the politicians/leaders at local, state and federal level who believe they are somehow entitled to or deserving of protection and benefits that no one else receives solely based on their status. It has been going on for too long and it is unacceptable. Leaders of this country are far too removed from the consequences of their policies and decisions and we are complicit.

If politicians are under threat by their constituents for creating a situation of instability for their population's safety and security. Good, they should feel scared. Their constituents no doubt feel scared and unsafe, why they hell should they be exempt some how? Politicians and policy makers should feel and need to feel impact their decisions have on everyone they affect but above all they need to remember who they are there to serve, as most have obviously forgotten. If we don't hold them accountable we are just going to end up further down the drain pipe where money no longer matters. We as a nation will just end up as a third world shit hole ran by war lords, criminal gangs and crooked politicians. In some towns in this country they are already there. It's freaking scary and I never thought I would see it to this degree in my lifetime.

I don't want to see the rest of our country fall into this. I've personally seen enough criminal governments, policing and poorly ran countries to suffice for a lifetime and have no interest in living in or watching our country flush further down the drain. We need to fix this crap before people start shooting. Wars have been started over less. I do not want my kids to witness and experience first hand what I have. I know this is just one issue but feel it is part of the root cause of many, I feel that if this behavior continues it may just be the straw that broke the camels back. Safety and security is essential for commerce and capitalism. Rant over, sorry I'm jumping on the soap box today.

ETA: @olstyn I realize that you said you partially agree so my apologies if this comes off as directed at you. I do not mean it as such. I just just being more outwardly expressive of my frustrations in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    You forgot cargo shorts.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I don't disagree that it is important to understand the monetary cost initially and its impact on finances for the jurisdiction/area the funds are coming from for those who've already fronted a cost for protective details. But the real issue at hand isn't the money it is that the politicians/leaders at local, state and federal level believe they are somehow entitled to or deserving of protection and benefits that no one else receives solely based on their status. It has been going on for too long and it is unacceptable. Leaders of this country are far too removed from the consequences of their policies and decisions and we are complicit.

If politicians are under threat by their constituents for creating a situation of instability for their population's safety and security. Good, they should feel scared. Their constituents no doubt feel scared and unsafe, why they hell should they be exempt some how? Politicians and policy makers should feel and need to feel impact their decisions have on everyone they affect but above all they need to remember who they are there to serve, as most have obviously forgotten. If we don't hold them accountable we are just going to end up further down the drain pipe where money no longer matters. We as a nation will just end up as a third world shit hole ran by war lords, criminal gangs and crooked politicians. In some towns in this country they are already there. It's freaking scary and I never thought I would see it to this degree in my lifetime.

I don't want to see the rest of our country fall into this. I've personally seen enough criminal governments, policing and poorly ran countries to suffice for a lifetime and have no interest in living in or watching our country flush further down the drain. We need to fix this crap before people start shooting. Wars have been started over less. I do not want my kids to witness and experience first hand what I have. I know this is just one issue but feel it is part of the root cause of many, I feel that if this behavior continues it may just be the straw that broke the camels back. Safety and security is essential for commerce and capitalism. Rant over, sorry I'm jumping on the soap box today.
    I don’t think frequent political assassinations perpetrated by groups ranging from crazy loners to multinational conglomerates would do our nation any good either. I understand where you’re coming from but politicians could equally be targeted for passing laws that you agree with as well. Like any situation if there are specific threats I don’t really have a problem with protective details at the moment, though I do recoil at the hypocrisy of many of these politicians. However, I also don’t want us to become like Mexico where the lifespan of a tough on crime mayor is measured in weeks from when they announce their candidacy.

For now I would prefer we try to keep politicians alive and vote them out of office rather than the alternative.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List