Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Minneapolis city council shocked to see rise in crime

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    White people live there, and all white people are white supremacist, so...
    *sigh*

Yeah, that's the line BLM has been pushing, and somehow a significant portion of the majority white population of the USA seems to actually believe it. It's getting really tiring being told that I'm racist when I couldn't possibly care less what color someone's skin is.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    "violence interrupters"?
    I thought that's what I used to do. What's the over/under on how many VI's have to get smoked or taken hostage before the rest jump ship?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I thought that's what I used to do. What's the over/under on how many VI's have to get smoked or taken hostage before the rest jump ship?
    Wasn't it Chicago where the "violence interrupters" turned out to be gang members using the VI gig to cover their criminal activities?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I doubt the idea ever translates into a real program, and in the unlikely event that it does, I bet the number you're looking for is in the low single digits.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    *sigh*

Yeah, that's the line BLM has been pushing, and somehow a significant portion of the majority white population of the USA seems to actually believe it. It's getting really tiring being told that I'm racist when I couldn't possibly care less what color someone's skin is.
    But fear not- one can get an indulgence to be an "Ally", which absolves one from the original sin of being born white. Just attend the right seminars*, smugly lecture others about "privilege"**, and vote for Democrats.
    Burning down a poor black neighborhood in the name of Black Lives Matters also counts.

*for a nominal fee
    **especially those uppity minorities that don't know their place
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    I bet the number you're looking for is in the low single digits.
    You are thinking of their IQs.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I like the excuse that Minneapolis is supposedly a hotbed of white supremacists.
    A hotbed of asshattery is more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I’m shocked, shocked I say, to hear this.
    Yes me too! I would have thought everyone would be out in the streets singing:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    But fear not- one can get an indulgence to be an "Ally", which absolves one from the original sin of being born white. Just attend the right seminars*, smugly lecture others about "privilege"**, and vote for Democrats.
    Burning down a poor black neighborhood in the name of Black Lives Matters also counts.

*for a nominal fee
    **especially those uppity minorities that don't know their place
    I don't think white folks that declare their privilege, become an ally, etc are actually absolved from their perceived sin of being born white. You just get the right to keep enjoying your struggle session and decrying how terrible you are while hoping the mob doesn't turn on you, but you're never shown a path to grace that absolves you of sin like in most other religions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    I don't think white folks that declare their privilege, become an ally, etc are actually absolved from their perceived sin of being born white. You just get the right to keep enjoying your struggle session and decrying how terrible you are while hoping the mob doesn't turn on you, but you're never shown a path to grace that absolves you of sin like in most other religions.
    This is exactly how it works, which is why white SJW's are constantly trying to 'out-woke' each other and tend to be the more inflammatory examples of that belief spectrum. But their efforts can only bring them asymptotically closer to true forgiveness, never quite all the way there.

User Tag List