Thread: Smith & Wesson 3", round-butt, Model 65-3

Smith & Wesson 3", round-butt, Model 65-3

Hey folks, I have to sell this one due to an incoming custom knife I purchased.

Pretty straight forward, a 3", round butt, Model 65-3, the stainless version of the venerable Model 13.

I bought this gun a few years back and fired ~30 or so rounds through it, before putting it back in the safe. The pictures tell the tale, it's a solid gun in good shape. Very slight flame cutting on the top strap tells me it's been fired with .357 Maggies but not very much. You can see no real imprinting on the breach face. I'd estimate this gun has seen well less than 1000 rounds in its life.

Lock up is solid with a very small amount of end-shake that I cannot be sure did not exist from the factory. Cylinder gap is approximately 1 post-it note in width (sorry it's what I had on hand, my feeler gauges are misplaced). With the end shake slack put in...it's 1.5 post-it notes thick. No forcing cone erosion is present. No cylinder stop wear or stop notch wear is present, hand is great, and the notches on the extractor are still pretty sharp.

There are a couple of minor spots on the gun that could be better, someone buggered up the cylinder release screw and the yolk screw - these are easily replaced if it bothers you. There is a very slight ding on the front sight (kind of visible in the picture with the crown). It is at the front end of the sight and does not affect function at all and isn't really noticeable. In fact, I didn't notice it until I was looking at this to list it.

All in all you have a good to very-good condition 3" K-Frame. It hasn't been mucked with or shot to bits. I intended originally to carry this one, but then I moved to Chi and a 6-gun the size of a compact 15-shooter doesn't cut it.

Let's say: $750 + $25 shipped Fed-Ex, insured, to your FFL (dealer must accept from non-FFL). No box is present, but I'll ship it in a pistol rug.

Edit: PM is the best contact method.

Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  23.5 KBName:  image3.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  25.2 KBName:  image4.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  19.8 KBName:  image5.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  25.2 KBName:  image6.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  24.2 KBName:  image7.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  22.7 KB
    "Ladies and Gentlemen take my advice: Pull down your pants and slide on the ice." - Dr. Sidney Freedman (circa 1953)

Didn't take long for this one to be SPF.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen take my advice: Pull down your pants and slide on the ice." - Dr. Sidney Freedman (circa 1953)

User Tag List