Thread: Vortex Venom to another footprint adapter plate?

Vortex Venom to another footprint adapter plate?

Maybe this is addressed in another thread but I’m on a phone and that makes searches a beating so here we are...

I see Kimber (I know ) has a new 1911 cut for an included Venom. Does anyone make an adapter that mounts on the Venom footprint but allows a different RDS?

Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Maybe this is addressed in another thread but I’m on a phone and that makes searches a beating so here we are...

I see Kimber (I know ) has a new 1911 cut for an included Venom. Does anyone make an adapter that mounts on the Venom footprint but allows a different RDS?

Thanks!
    I doubt it because the new KHX is cut for a Vortex RDS. A plate isn't necessary with a Vortex RDS (unless you put it on a rail) and that may cause an issue with the line of sight/bore alignment.

If the gun is the new KHX you probably want a Viper. I have two and so far no issues. Caveat: Neither are on a 1911. That's going to beat the crap out of any RDS.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Vortex support, lifetime warranty, no questions, solid company.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Thanks, I didn’t think I remembered seeing anything in the past about using plates to change a specific footprint (as opposed to a universal one) but I rarely trust my memory anymore.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

User Tag List