Thread: UPS Frustrations

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar

UPS Frustrations

I have two claims right now that I've been fighting for weeks, both $3,000+ dollar scopes and both signatures required. One was delivered someone other than the receiver and they still have not spoken to the UPS driver about where he delivered it and to who yet we're denied our claim. And the second one is lost in our local hub in the Sacramento region on its way to Texas, they can't find it and claim that we did not provide sufficient information on the package when everything is/was provided. This is the worst UPS has been while the other carriers have been consistently worse over the few years I've done this. My UPS Rep is involved but has not been too much help as nothing is being resolved.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    I have two claims right now that I've been fighting for weeks, both $3,000+ dollar scopes and both signatures required. One was delivered someone other than the receiver and they still have not spoken to the UPS driver about where he delivered it and to who yet we're denied our claim. And the second one is lost in our local hub in the Sacramento region on its way to Texas, they can't find it and claim that we did not provide sufficient information on the package when everything is/was provided. This is the worst UPS has been while the other carriers have been consistently worse over the few years I've done this. My UPS Rep is involved but has not been too much help as nothing is being resolved.
    And here I was getting annoyed that UPS lost the lawnmower I ordered in mid-August, and they still don't know where it is.

I hope the find your glass, or make you whole on the whole deal. Ugh.

That is truly disappointing to read. Clearly, UPS is no longer the company they were in the past. Around here they've historically been much more reliable than the other big names in package delivery, with FedEx Ground being the least dependable in my experience over the past several years.

I certainly hope you get this resolved expeditiously.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I think they might be getting overwhelmed. I was looking at a semi long term furlough at work and applied with them for a seasonal gig to hold me over. They were absolutely desperate for drivers and told me as much. The person I interviewed with told me that locally drivers were working 12-14 hour days 6 days per week. I live in a pretty rural area so I have to imagine things are even tighter in more populated spots.

I have no professional driving experience and was hired as a full time driver on the spot after a 5 minute interview with the complete knowledge that I might work there a week or a month or however long I was furloughed. In the end, my work cancelled the planned furloughs at the last minute so I never worked there but it sounds like they are flat out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    UPS delivered my 125 pounds of stuff (no, not ammo ) two days earlier than promised today.

I went out to move my car so the driver could back up close to the house.
    Before I could get there he had squeezed in between my car and the edge of the driveway with inches to spare.
    Most impressive.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Before I could get there he had squeezed in between my car and the edge of the driveway with inches to spare.
    Most impressive.
    He probably has to empty that truck before he gets to go home and start drinking...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    I think they might be getting overwhelmed.
    I had a driver deliver me a package at 9:30 p.m. last week. It looked like he might have had a helper with him to try to bust out stops to clear out a package car.

I preloaded package cars one year in college and was a driver's helper for three "peak" Christmas seasons about 25 years ago. Peak season was always a bear for the drivers -- I'm sure it is much worse now, with the massive internet volume.

I bet that they are feeling like they are in month six of a peak Christmas season.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    I had a driver deliver me a package at 9:30 p.m. last week. It looked like he might have had a helper with him to try to bust out stops to clear out a package car.

I preloaded package cars one year in college and was a driver's helper for three "peak" Christmas seasons about 25 years ago. Peak season was always a bear for the drivers -- I'm sure it is much worse now, with the massive internet volume.

I bet that they are feeling like they are in month six of a peak Christmas season.
    Don't work for UPS , but this is spot on. When you add in the extra dollars in the beginning that the government doweled out, people staying home more, what else there to do but shop online when you can't go to stores that you normally visited. More and more people are now doing online ordering of of the basics. Why go to the store when you can order a case of tp, paper towels and etc. You got to love a 40 lb bag of dog food or box of kitty litter. I get these items weekly to deliver. But back to the point, shopping online is quick, easy and less hassle.

UPS's insurance is not what it use to be. I would usually experience two or three damage claims a year and they always handled the claims promptly with just basic proof. I even had a couple claims paid due to porch pirates without much hassle. Things changed last year as I had two damage claims denied. My packaging is exceptional, but the safes are heavy. If they throw them and they land on a corner, it's probably going to damage that corner.

I decided to quit using UPS's insurance. You can get a better rate from a third party and just let UPS insure the first $100 that is included with any shipment.

Here's one alternative:
    https://u-pic.com/

Years ago firearm theft was rampant at UPS. They might have cleaned that up but my dealer won't use them. Probably a local thing.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List