Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee Police arrest man for "brandishing" after BLM rioters surround his house

McCloskeys 2.0?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    From the Gateway Pundit article:

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1306046591342530560

"This neighbor thinks it's cool to harass neighbors and call them the n word, parade confederate flags around, etc. Since he loves going to other folks houses and throwing parties they ain't ask for, let's show him how it's done."

Now, he may have just had a Trump flag, or he could've been the neighborhood asshole... I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I'm not saying that a man shouldn't have the right to defend his property, or that it's reasonable for a mob to surround his home. But he's a lot less sympathetic if he was antagonizing his neighbors before this event.

If this is as reported, screw that whole arrest.

I don’t care if they’re on his property or just off of it. They were demonstrably there targeting him, so I wouldn’t blame him for getting ready or even making it known he’s armed. Seems to communicate clearly “if you cross the line, you’re going to regret it”.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Don't fuck with someone's family, home, or car. Pretty goddamn simple. Starting shit right at his residence is to start shit with all three categories. So if you're not sworn LE with a warrant, not your lane.

If it's true that he was a grade-A asshole and harassing other neighborhood folks with racial slurs, that's a pretty easy assault charge AFAIK especially if it has a pattern of happening. Everyone's got a video camera now, do the right thing with it and get him brought up on assault.

My read on this is he was likely the Trump-flag 'That Guy' of the neighborhood and recent politics emboldened other assholes to do this. @5pins I noticed the timeline too, and that tells me that either the homeowner waited way too long to contact LE, LE somehow totally misunderstood the initial call, or they really are stretched that thin to the point where a group of agitated assholes outside another asshole's house is a low priority.

A harrowing and unpleasant thought, no matter how that went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    If this man remained in his home, and was simply armed while a large group assembled to threaten him specifically, then I have a serious problem with this.

I'm not sure that I really see an issue with pointing weapon at some of these folks from inside the home. Especially if they are there to incite violence against you specifically and you fear home invasion or arson.

What prevents burglary or arson when they're allowed to remain on his property after he is removed?
    How do we know that this group assembled to threaten him? What was said or done by this group that gave him a reason to suspect home invasion or arson? All of the videos that I’ve seen came after he was arrested.

A crowd gathering on public property in front of your house and calling you a racist is not the same as a crowd on your front lawn with torches threatening to rape and burn your family alive. One gets a slow police response for what amounts to unlawful assembly and noise violations. The other gets a lot of lead.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post

That is the trap - a couple of protestors come on to the property or simply heckles the homeowner from the road which elicits a response from the homeowner who points a gun at the crowd.
    What happened in that video was a LONG way from "simply heckling".

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    How do we know that this group assembled to threaten him? What was said or done by this group that gave him a reason to suspect home invasion or arson? All of the videos that I’ve seen came after he was arrested.

A crowd gathering on public property in front of your house and calling you a racist is not the same as a crowd on your front lawn with torches threatening to rape and burn your family alive. One gets a slow police response for what amounts to unlawful assembly and noise violations. The other gets a lot of lead.

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post

So where are the RIOTERS???? I was expecting to see his house on fire, his windows broken, his car flipped over, etc etc etc.

Interesting how the thread title and video titles call them rioters, but all I see is protesting. Obnoxious mega phone? Yes. Loud music? Yes. Dancing in the street and drawing w/ chalk on the sidewalk? Yes. I see no riots. Furthermore I don't see them on his actual property.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked City View Post
    So where are the RIOTERS???? I was expecting to see his house on fire, his windows broken, his car flipped over, etc etc etc.

Interesting how the thread title and video titles call them rioters, but all I see is protesting. Obnoxious mega phone? Yes. Loud music? Yes. Dancing in the street and drawing w/ chalk on the sidewalk? Yes. I see no riots. Furthermore I don't see them on his actual property.
    True story: the titles of the videos are click-bait, and any encroachment onto his property was probably incidental, but this is still harassment.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

The irony to me is that unless every neighbor in that neighborhood 100% invited that protest to take place, the protesters are also punishing the neighbors who they are supposedly protecting. No matter how big a asshole my neighbor may be, I am not going to want this going on in front of his house, because by default they are in front of my house too.

User Tag List