Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm going fast

9 mm @ 0.50/rd. and 5.56 @ 1.00/rd. Seems I recall those same prices about 12 years ago. I think that's about the highest anyone will pay but probably not anyone here. Prices should start dropping soon as suppliers catch up. I could be wrong about that tho because the last time we didn't have an insurgency and a killer virus to deal with. We just had some legislators that wanted more gun control, which they still want and we have an election coming up. I can't even find .355 and .224 FMJ bullets. The perfect storm.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-16-2020 at 11:08 AM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

9mm is still a good choice for new buyers, but 40S&W ammo can currently be found online for somewhat lower prices and with better availability.

357SIG and 45GAP are noticeably cheaper, especially for modern hollow points.

45 Auto is more costly and getting harder to acquire.

38 Super is probably the cheapest factory practice ammo in a duty caliber.

10mm went from being one of the most commonly found to being one of the least offered.

5.7x28mm is expensive and extremely rare.

Edited to add that 380 Auto is more expensive and less available than 38 Special or 9x19mm.
    Last edited by Velo Dog; 09-16-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Seven 500-round cases, if anyone is interested (@66˘ per rd) at the time of this post—

https://miwallcorp.com/winchester-am...l-jacket-case/
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Velo Dog View Post
    38 Super is probably the cheapest factory practice ammo in a duty caliber.
    .38 super is this panic's .40 S&W.

CMV

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Yeah. Incredible. I have a couple years supply (at my regular burn rate) plus doomsday reserves. I certainly hope things are back to pre covid/riot insanity in a couple years otherwise ammo prices like this will be the best gun control scheme ever.
    Reminds me of that Chris Rock bit about expensive ammo......

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Whoops, too slow. All gone. Good tip though. A fair price at $20/50. I mean compared with Cheaper Than Dirt selling 115 FMJ for $60/50 (just saw that today when someone told me they had some).
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Whoops, too slow. All gone. Good tip though. A fair price at $20/50. I mean compared with Cheaper Than Dirt selling 115 FMJ for $60/50 (just saw that today when someone told me they had some).
    Back in stock

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Back in stock
    https://aimsurplus.com/prvi-partizan...-fmj-50rd-box/

Still in stock now. I just bought some.

Looks like the S&B 124 FMJ. I didn't buy any...and it looks to be out of stock now.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List