Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm going fast

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    The page is gone. What was the price and what was it?
    I think it was $26/box for Blazer brass.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    I think it was $26/box for Blazer brass.
    Yeah but it was 147gr. That can easily account for the price difference compared to 115s.

More seriously: it's still in stock. I think the page was just down temporarily. Still have 36 boxes with a limit of 5. Seven lucky people can still get 250 rounds of 9mm ammo for the low, low price of sixty cents per round.

It's likely the current market price. If it were held artificially low you'd have people buying and reselling it. It's expected given the current climate and it serves as a reminder that it's better to stock up on ammo and guns when prices are more reasonable. I started reloading in 2008 and I do my best to ensure I have about a year or two of supplies available at all times.

Anyone remember 15 years ago when Blazer 115gr aluminum case was 8 cents a round? Had I known then that prices and supply would change as they have since then I would have rented a UHaul, driven to the closest Academy Sports and filled my basement two feet deep. I would have been like Scrooge McDuck:

Last edited by ER_STL; 09-16-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Site Supporter
    Who knew? When the AWB first came about and mag limitations were to be put in, I said - Gee, I better buy a couple more G19 mags. I went to the gun show and bought two at a slightly higher price. The dealer said he could sell me a dealer pack (don't remember how many) for that higher price. I refused and then the things went to $120 a pop. Oops.

I recall $3.95 for Blazer when I had a Gen 2 G19 and we paid our doctors with a chicken and bag of potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by ER_STL View Post
    It's likely the current market price. If it were held artificially low you'd have people buying and reselling it.
    Oh, it is. $0.60/round was the prevailing "actually sold for" price on gunbroker last time I checked.

I'm poking fun at the state of things, not sgammo. I'd rather they benefit from the higher prices than some flipper on gunbroker.

Anyone in NOVA want to buy some high priced ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I think that is an appropriate market price. Everything else in that price range is steel cased Russian ammo.
    Yep.

Just checked a running search I have on ammoseek.com for new, brass 9mm between 115 and 150 grain. Lowest entry is 0.60 a round.

Highest is something called "Black Talon Supreme Deep Penetrator SXT" for wait for it $199 for a box of 20. Totally not making this up.

https://alamoammo.com/pistol-ammo/9m...xport_feed#xml

Site Supporter
    Gee, a high price and it will hurt you in court!

The presidential candidate who wants to win, should promise a box of 9mm a week in Covid Ammo crisis relief, call it Oblamo care. Somewhere there also is a stock of paper towels.

Quote Originally Posted by ER_STL View Post
    Anyone remember 15 years ago when Blazer 115gr aluminum case was 8 cents a round?
    Yeah, that was about the time I bought my first machine gun. I'd go to Academy, buy a case and then shoot it all up over the next weekend or two.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    something called "Black Talon Supreme Deep Penetrator SXT" for wait for it $199 for a box of 20. Totally not making this up.

https://alamoammo.com/pistol-ammo/9m...xport_feed#xml
    "Something called"? Yeesh. I keep forgetting that there are people here that weren't shooting IPSC in the 90s and didn't experience the fame and infamy of the original Black Talons first hand.

$199 for a box of 20 doesn't surprise me. Adjusted for inflation I'm sure they went for that when they were "banned".

Uphill. Both ways.

User Tag List