Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancaster PA riots after clearly justified police shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    What makes you think that, from the ideologues point of view, that wasn't the goal in the first place? ;-)
    Ha.

Pretty sure that it has always been their goal.

These SJW ideologues perceive these competitions amongst the rich (for whom can be seen as being the most "woke" through virtue signalling) much as a shark perceives the thrashing of an injured fish; the dinner bell is ringing.

The real question is, "How long do those of us who are neither SJW ideologues nor the bourgeoisie let this go on before we do sometjing about it?"

Not crazy about either side's "politics" since both are pretty idiotic/insane in their own respective way.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Well, for most of the spawn of the privileged, it probably won't be the modern version of selling all they have, give it to the poor, and work to better the lives of others.

It won't be insisting that their slot at Prestige U be given to a disadvantaged minority. It won't be turning down that job Dad got for you. It won't be anything that honestly affects their cushioned lifestyle.

Of course not.

The great majority of them barely even get to see the inside of jail so their absence of understanding of consequences continues. However, a few of them will go much further and that's how the Baader–Meinhof gang got created. we should expect guys like that soon.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Here is a good analysis of why the riots in Lancaster did not last, as well as an indictment of the leadership of the cities that failed to stop the rioting.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/walsh...ebook%22%7D%7D
    Any chance someone can give us a decent summary of this article, since it requires a subscription?

Thanks.

Site Supporter

Lancaster PA riots after clearly justified police shooting

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Any chance someone can give us a decent summary of this article, since it requires a subscription?

Thanks.
    The police got their side of the story out quickly by posting body camera video of the incident within hours rather than letting the rioters be the sole storytellers for weeks. When the demonstration started, those that went beyond demonstrating into criminal activity were quickly and visibly arrested and charged with serious crimes. The initially high bail meant that they would not immediately be released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 09-18-2020 at 02:48 PM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Can somebody more familiar with how this works answer a few basic questions?

Is $1M bail unusual for cases like this?

Is the practice of reducing bail done by a hearing of some kind, or does the judge just decide, hey, yeah, that's a bit drastic, let's throttle that back a bit?

Would ya'll say that it's common to have a first bail number be extremely high ($1M here) and then be reduced to a more manageable number ($50K, I guess), or is this something that's happening for the first time with these suspects?

TIA.

Site Supporter

Lancaster PA riots after clearly justified police shooting

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Is the practice of reducing bail done by a hearing of some kind, or does the judge just decide, hey, yeah, that's a bit drastic, let's throttle that back a bit?

Would ya'll say that it's common to have a first bail number be extremely high ($1M here) and then be reduced to a more manageable number ($50K, I guess), or is this something that's happening for the first time with these suspects?

TIA.
    That first bail number was really unusually high.

Bail is normally set at the arraignment, at which time both the prosecutor and defense attorney make arguments about the reasonableness of the bail. In most instances the purpose is to permit the defendants to actually make bail while at the same time making the bail high enough to ensure that the defendant is motivated to show up. Factors for determining the bail include the resources available to the defendant, the ties or lack thereof of the defendant to the community, the degree to which the defendant is a flight risk, and the seriousness of the charges.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The police got their side of the story out quickly by posting body camera video of the incident within hours rather than letting the rioters be the sole storytellers for weeks. When the demonstration started, those that went beyond demonstrating into criminal activity were quickly and visibly arrested and charged with serious crimes. The initially high bail meant that they would not immediately be released.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post

Thanks.
    "The Lancaster Police Department released the body cam footage of the incident within hours," to combat the false narative.

"The police showed up in force on the first night of the protests." And they didn't take a lot of crap. One rioter got a rubber bullet in the balls.

"Police aggressively pursued those who committed crimes throughout the night." The criminals didn't just re-start their damage in a new neighborhood.

"Here is perhaps the most important part. The arrested rioters were charged with multiple felonies and kept in jail on bails set at up to 1 million dollars. As of Wednesday, at least seven of the accused arsonists and vandals are still in jail, unable to pay the hefty bond."
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

TIA.
    Yes that’s high. When it goes to a bail reduction hearing it’ll more than likely get reduced. But in the meantime those suspects are still in jail. Pour encourager les autres
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    This illustrates how badly we need mentally ill people in mental hospitals. As for little miss woke rich girl; I wondered what medical/first aid training she has?

User Tag List