Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancaster PA riots after clearly justified police shooting

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    A bit off tangent, but perhaps not really....

I’m hoping so, but I also am beginning to believe more and more that putting this genie back into the bottle is going to be difficult, and perhaps that is part of their longer term plan.

I work in an industry that is technical and requires a fair level of intelligence, training, and common sense. We have several individuals (both male and female) that are “all in” with this crap. These are trained professional people. The woman, who I work closely with in other related areas, has gone off the deep end. This happened fairly quickly. Now suddenly she is (and has been) discriminated against, held back in her career, and wants to “change the system”. Now mind you, this individual has basically attained the highest level of achievement available in her chosen field (is paid accordingly) and also holds an elected position representing others. She was voted in by over 600 of her peers. How she is/was held back defies common sense and the facts of where she is professionally.

My take on the above? Her personal life is messed up and deep inside she is an unhappy person. More liberals projecting.
    I think it's a bit simpler - Humans will instinctively game any system into which they're placed. Prevailing social trends now empower people who say/behave/act/etc in the way you've described. Socially, victimhood is more empowered than someone who may have been victimized but chose not to be a 'forever victim' for want of a better term.

Some of us were raised to follow a moral compass instead of whichever direction the social winds are blowing. That factor alone seems to be the fundamental difference in whether or not folks stay their course or jump on whatever social bandwagon empowers them. I've observed this same tendency both as an Army NCO and in private sector professional environments.

Site Supporter
    Here is a good analysis of why the riots in Lancaster did not last, as well as an indictment of the leadership of the cities that failed to stop the rioting.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/walsh...ebook%22%7D%7D

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Here is a good analysis of why the riots in Lancaster did not last, as well as an indictment of the leadership of the cities that failed to stop the rioting.

Spot on.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Spot on.
    Absolutely.

The father of one of those being held on $1 million bail (Kat ‘18). FFS.

Her mother the dormitory dean would have you thrown the fuck out of school if you so much as smudged a sofa in the common room with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Burning down the town - no probs.

Name:  D00691EA-8CFA-40A7-91A5-BE3C6B34260D.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  57.1 KB

https://www.mercersburg.edu/squash-boys-varsity

I'm rather curious as to the ratio of "privilege spawn acting out radical chic fantasies" to "actually desperate people with no hope" is.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I work in an industry that is technical and requires a fair level of intelligence, training, and common sense. We have several individuals (both male and female) that are “all in” with this crap. These are trained professional people. The woman, who I work closely with in other related areas, has gone off the deep end. This happened fairly quickly. Now suddenly she is (and has been) discriminated against, held back in her career, and wants to “change the system”. Now mind you, this individual has basically attained the highest level of achievement available in her chosen field (is paid accordingly) and also holds an elected position representing others. She was voted in by over 600 of her peers. How she is/was held back defies common sense and the facts of where she is professionally.
    My wife has seen male new hires at her company be paid more than women in senior roles who were clearly superior in skills and experience. There's still a lot of sexism out there. Women who do succeed may have had to deal with a lot of crap that's not obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    My wife has seen male new hires at her company be paid more than women in senior roles who were clearly superior in skills and experience. There's still a lot of sexism out there. Women who do succeed may have had to deal with a lot of crap that's not obvious.
    One thing you can say about Uncle Sam...everyone gets the same pay if they occupy the same pay grade. Those silly enough to want to move up into management positions can deal with all the ass kissing and cronyism. It wasn't for me.

I just sidestepped that circus entirely. I realize that not everyone is as unmotivated to be an administrator as I was. I preferred the freedom of "the field".
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    There's still a lot of sexism out there. Women who do succeed may have had to deal with a lot of crap that's not obvious.
    Women put up with more bullshit every day than most men can possibly imagine. It's worse if they're successful.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List