Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancaster PA riots after clearly justified police shooting

The whining on Twitter is that police in other countries manage to apprehend similar knife armed suspects without going to guns, or that police should use TASERs, OC or rubber bullets, or that social workers would bring tea and scones and gently talk the victim (there are no “suspects”) into calming down and playing nice.

The fact that people have no real world knowledge or have never fought an “off his meds” nut job does not stop them from being online experts.

My wife is in that area and she said social media first reports were that police had shot a 14 year old autistic child.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    The whining on Twitter is that police in other countries manage to apprehend similar knife armed suspects without going to guns, or that police should use TASERs, OC or rubber bullets, or that social workers would bring tea and scones and gently talk the victim (there are no “suspects”) into calming down and playing nice.

The fact that people have no real world knowledge or have never fought an “off his meds” nut job does not stop them from being online experts.

My wife is in that area and she said social media first reports were that police had shot a 14 year old autistic child.

I have not seen your tag line previously. In my finest faked British accent: Brilliiaannntt!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post
    Million dollar bail - that is refreshing. I hope that means they intend to actually prosecute them, too.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post
    Refreshing not only because of real enforcement, but also because the media correctly described the guy who got shot as armed rather than portraying him as completely innocent.

One person arrested is described as a medic at multiple protests. The survivalblog article linked in another thread describes antifa as having medical and security teams at the BLM protests. While that is certainly not enough to conclude that the medic was part of antifa, it does raise that question in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

One person arrested is described as a medic at multiple protests. The survivalblog article linked in another thread describes antifa as having medical and security teams at the BLM protests. While that is certainly not enough to conclude that the medic was part of antifa, it does raise that question in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wondering if we are going to be seeing more and more "medics" involved with these events.

Allows them to cry "he was just there being a medic !!!!", even if they are actively participating in the violence.

Better optics from their standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Million dollar bail - that is refreshing. I hope that means they intend to actually prosecute them, too.
    That part of the state is much more “law and order” than areas like Pittsburgh or Philadelphia. I wouldn’t be surprised if some or most of them get state sentences versus the district attorney deciding not to prosecute their cases ahead of their preliminary hearings.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Wondering if we are going to be seeing more and more "medics" involved with these events.

Allows them to cry "he was just there being a medic !!!!", even if they are actively participating in the violence.

Better optics from their standpoint.
    Some of the peaceful protesters at the peaceful protests are claiming to be press.

And don't forget that the guy missing his bicep claims that he was just a humble medic.

Next we'll see some of them claiming to be clergy.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post

And don't forget that the guy missing his bicep claims that he was just a humble medic.
    Exactly.

That's what got my train of thought going.

Student

Yuenling is working with Molson Coors to brew and distribute to the West Coast

https://www.wgal.com/article/lancast...knife/34032852
    Lancaster police Chief Jarrad Berkihiser said an officer who shot and killed a man armed with a knife was in imminent danger of losing his life and acted appropriately.

"There's been some question about, you know, where was the officer's backup? And should the officer have waited for backup? And that's a good question, and we can't always wait for backup,"
    "In this instance, the officer took his time walking up so he could try and assess what was going on, and he responded to the imminent threat that he perceived. There is no magic word, phrase that we can say to automatically stop somebody in their tracks from doing whatever they're doing. We have no control over somebody's free will,"

Berkihiser said the officer responding to the 911 call also had no way of knowing Munoz's mental health history when approaching the house on the 300 block of Laurel Street. Munoz's family said he was a paranoid schizophrenic.

"A lot of people talk about deescalation. There was no time to verbally deescalate. He was being chased by an individual with a knife,"

The chief thinks it would have been a mistake to send a social worker alone to the house, saying that person would be dead.
    Mental health agencies and police departments have to work together, Berkihiser said, but he also wants to work together with the community.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/0...e-station.html
    During the second night of protests, the group shrank considerably and police said they did not “devolve into the level of rioting, disorder, criminal damage and arson” as Sunday night’s protests did. However, two men were charged in connection with offenses police say occurred during the protests.

Garcia is being held at Lancaster County Prison on $100,000 bail.
    Gardner is also being held at Lancaster County Prison on $100,000 bail.

https://www.newsweek.com/lancaster-p...tantly-1532126
    Pennsylvania Lieutenant Governor John Fetterman immediately criticized the judge's ruling calling it "blatantly unconstitutional" and noting Derek Chauvin had been held on bail for the same amount.

Fetterman also said in a tweet that the price tag was an infringement on the protesters' Eighth Amendment right against excessive bail.

The protesters' situation was brought to Fetterman's attention after advocacy group Lancaster Stand Up called on the lieutenant governor alongside Lancaster Mayor Danene Sorace, Attorney General Josh Shapiro and Governor Tom Wolf to defend the protesters.

User Tag List