Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lancaster PA riots after clearly justified police shooting

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WOLFIE View Post
    I would like to see a new felony charge created: something like : Jane Doe committed the offense Participating in a Riot.
    We have that here in Oregon:

ORS 166.015
    RIOT

(1)A person commits the crime of riot if while participating with five or more other persons the person engages in tumultuous and violent conduct and thereby intentionally or recklessly creates a grave risk of causing public alarm.

(2)Riot is a Class C felony. [1971 c.743 §218]
    The locals don't seem super keen on prosecuting or even requiring bail though.

In Arizona it’d be declared an unlawful assembly. The participants who are shielding the rioters could be arrested for unlawful assembly. The suspects throwing things would be charged with Riot. 13-2903 Riot is a Class 5 felony. 13-2902 Unlawful Assembly is a Class 1 misdemeanor.

13-2903. Riot; classification

A. A person commits riot if, with two or more other persons acting together, such person recklessly uses force or violence or threatens to use force or violence, if such threat is accompanied by immediate power of execution, which disturbs the public peace.

B. Riot is a class 5 felony

A. A person commits unlawful assembly by:

1. Assembling with two or more other persons with the intent to engage in conduct constituting a riot as defined in § 13-2903 ;  or

2. Being present at an assembly of two or more other persons who are engaged in or who have the readily apparent intent to engage in conduct constituting a riot as defined in § 13-2903 and knowingly remaining there and refusing to obey an official order to disperse.

B. Unlawful assembly is a class 1 misdemeanor
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Most folks seem to have no real understanding of bail and bond...and how and why they are employed. It's not punitive. (At least it's not supposed to be.)

https://www.justia.com/criminal/bail...0amount%20paid.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Most folks seem to have no real understanding of bail and bond...and how and why they are employed. It's not punitive. (At least it's not supposed to be.)

https://www.justia.com/criminal/bail...0amount%20paid.
    Thanks @blues. I've never had a lot of...uhhhh...contact...with the criminal justice system, so this was pretty informative for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    This is the grand side-effect for today's rush to bring social clout and standing to 'victims' of disabilities, etc.
    While rightfully intended to be some societal 'wiggle room' for understanding based on a person's true challenges and circumstances, instead it turned into a carte-blanche pass to be an abysmal little motherfucker without consequence.

Blame your misdeeds and violence and bullshit on your disability and it's like waving a magic wand of 'not my fault'. Which is horse shit on the other end of the spectrum.

We had a similar local incident a few years back involving a routinely violent frequent-flyer autistic/MR almost-adult child of a wealthy couple. IIRC he ended up tackling an officer and got his hand on the officer's holstered weapon, and the officer's partner responded appropriately to that kind of threat.
    Thanks to the way it was initially spun in the media, there was a gnashing of teeth and a lot of public bellyaching from pretty much everyone that's never been in a fistfight before. I regret that I can't remember exactly how that all played out in the end but I believe the officers were both finally cleared and returned to duty.

I really hate how the media will include the age and 'color' physical characteristics of someone, but never a bona-fide physical description. I remember more than once reading about how LEO's or someone else shot and killed a '15 year old boy' only to read that that '15 year old boy' was 6ft2 and a well-muscled 230lbs. The Ferguson, MO incident comes to mind there.

There's a part of me that loves that idea, if for no other reason than to remove the 'social armor' of those 'peaceful' protestors acting as human shields for the asshats throwing frozen water bottles and rocks and molotovs and shit. But without a clear and reasonable definition of the difference between a 'riot' and a 'peaceful protest' the implications could be very chilling if such a law was used on a truly peaceful protest for the purpose of 1A suppression, etc.

Which, if such a definition and distinction can be made, gets things interesting because then all it takes is one total stranger in your bona fide peaceful protest to throw one bottle and make everyone in that protest and instant felon. As much as I detest the leeway the rioters have been given thus far, that's a possible fix with potentially haunting ramifications.

Second edit - well, gotta have the local powers that be actually prosecute any of those charges for those felonies to matter...
    I am thinking only those engaged in the actual rioting should be charged. That is my intention.

Site Supporter
    The craziness going on in Lancaster is close to where I make my home. In my little town (pop. 7277), we had a mayor make waves with some social media commentary back in June and I'm thinking that, plus the Lancaster incident led to what I drove through last night. It was a first for us - my wife (who grew up here) was very upset. Like her, it would seem I had an extremely elevated false sense of security. I was approaching our version of a square in my truck, when I see about 40 people total (approx. 10 on each corner), holding BLM signs and chanting. They are being "addressed" by a young woman with an electronic megaphone. Because I had a green light, there were other vehicles to focus on, and there was distortion from her megaphone, I couldn't decipher what was being yelled/chanted, not that it mattered. I made my turn towards my home and encountered local LEO at each intersection leading up to the square. I gave them all the thumbs up, but as they were waving back, I gotta tell ya, I've never seen such an expression of "what the hell are we doing here?" on these guys.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    These people do not care about those killed by cops, or anyone else. It has nothing to do with what we know as right and wrong.

This is about destroying the system so “they” can rebuild society as it should be. They are modern day Communist and Nazis who use bored and angry people who have little meaning in their lives as their front line soldiers.

In the past I’ve generally refrained from using the term Communist and Nazi. Now I don’t see much difference between the forces of chaos of today, and those of the past. If you don’t think these people would round you up and act as the guards for the gulag or concentration camp, then you are truly unaware of the depths of the evil we face.
    I don’t know that it’s all that thought out or rational.

I’ve taken to calling all this horseshit “the Great Temper Tantrum of 2020”.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    A bit off tangent, but perhaps not really....

I’m hoping so, but I also am beginning to believe more and more that putting this genie back into the bottle is going to be difficult, and perhaps that is part of their longer term plan.

I work in an industry that is technical and requires a fair level of intelligence, training, and common sense. We have several individuals (both male and female) that are “all in” with this crap. These are trained professional people. The woman, who I work closely with in other related areas, has gone off the deep end. This happened fairly quickly. Now suddenly she is (and has been) discriminated against, held back in her career, and wants to “change the system”. Now mind you, this individual has basically attained the highest level of achievement available in her chosen field (is paid accordingly) and also holds an elected position representing others. She was voted in by over 600 of her peers. How she is/was held back defies common sense and the facts of where she is professionally.

My take on the above? Her personal life is messed up and deep inside she is an unhappy person. More liberals projecting.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post

I’m hoping so, but I also am beginning to believe more and more that putting this genie back into the bottle is going to be difficult, and perhaps that is part of their longer term plan.

I work in an industry that is technical and requires a fair level of intelligence, training, and common sense. We have several individuals (both male and female) that are “all in” with this crap. These are trained professional people. The woman, who I work closely with in other related areas, has gone off the deep end. This happened fairly quickly. Now suddenly she is (and has been) discriminated against, held back in her career, and wants to “change the system”. Now mind you, this individual has basically attained the highest level of achievement available in her chosen field (is paid accordingly) and also holds an elected position representing others. She was voted in by over 600 of her peers. How she is/was held back defies common sense and the facts of where she is professionally.

My take on the above? Her personal life is messed up and deep inside she is an unhappy person. More liberals projecting.
    This is Communism, the cannon fodder may not realize it.

It's the Utopian dream, free Buble Up and Rainbow stew......

They're all about the "peaceful" revolution, refusing to see that nothing going on is peaceful, until the wave hits then too late.

A hard rain rain is going to fall

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post

This is the problem with the increasing pervasive "victim" mentality in every aspect of life these days; most see it as a mechanism to get something more than they'd routinely get so why not pile on? "Everyone's doing it. Why can't I too benefit?", they think.

It's always going to be human nature to maximize our 'take'. Unfortunately, we are now at a point where anyone claiming to be a victim is immediately given what they want in order to avoid liability and legal costs since these types are litigious and able to avail themselves of prior case law that supports this sort of parasitism.

I wish that I had a solution for this problem. I do not.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

User Tag List