Thread: FPF Training “Concealed Carry: Street Encounter Skills and Tactics” Aug 15 & 16, 2020

FPF Training “Concealed Carry: Street Encounter Skills and Tactics” Aug 15 & 16, 2020

The below is a post my wife made on her Facebook page. She is not a gun person and has has limited firearms training, so she is not your typical AAR writer.

"A couple of weeks ago, I participated in FPF Training, Inc.’s class “Concealed Carry: Street Encounter Skills and Tactics” taught by John Murphy. John has a unique talent as an instructor. He is able to read the personality of the student and quickly adapt his training for each individual. I am not the typical shooting student – 6’4” aggressive, competitive man with military/law enforcement experience. No, I am an arthritic senior citizen woman, 5’2” on a good day, grandma librarian. John was able to point out and build upon my strengths and help me recognize and work to overcome my weaknesses. At the end of the two days both my speed and accuracy had improved.
    In addition to the shooting, we were taught how to correctly apply a pressure dressing and a tourniquet (on ourselves as might be needed in a gun fight or even an everyday accident) and we practiced dozens of times under time pressure. We learned how to carry and deploy pepper spray on a live, moving target (John himself) and discussed scenarios that would indicate the need to use it. John presented situations that required evaluating visual and auditory cues and choosing verbal and body language de-escalation techniques, deploying pepper spray or shooting as we deemed necessary.
    I have led a very sheltered and quiet life – a true goody good – not going stupid places with stupid people at stupid times. I grew up in Southern California but my experience with “violence” was watching John Wayne movies with my parents. In previous classes to prep for shooting drills I was told to look at the target and picture “evil”. John Murphy painted pictures of possible encounters that I might actually face and need to be prepared to handle. The drills gave me tools – equipment as well as mind-set - to practice those skills. Since this class I have become more aware of the people around me and what they are doing.
    I would highly recommend this class to anyone new to shooting, to anyone uncomfortable with the idea of carrying a gun, to anyone, like myself, who is perceived by the “bad guys” as the perfect victim. It is well worth the money because you are worth far more than that! And if you are one of those 6’4” guys, I would recommend this class to you, too, since John will be able to challenge you to hone your skills as well."
    Dale Miller
    www.azonesolutions.com

Student
    Thanks for this. Having a written review from from someone who doesn't normally write training AARs doesn't happen often, so it's refreshing to see.

John Murphy's class is in my top ten, and he might even be the best John of all the Tac Con Johns.

User Tag List