Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which manufacturer produces the best 10-round magazines for full-sized pistols?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonder9 View Post
    Beretta 92 10 rounders
    I had four of these, plus four Mecgar 10 rounders, and they all loaded and worked well. The Beretta factory 10 rounders have depressions on each side of the mag which make them almost into single stack mags internally.

Have never had any issues with:
    HK 10-round “elephant foot” .45 ACP mags (USP 45 compact / HK45 compact)
    Beretta 92 10-round mags
    FN Hi-Power 10-round mags

I have no personal experience, but have never heard anything bad about:
    HK45 full size mags

Site Supporter
    deleted double post.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 09-14-2020 at 09:09 PM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

There are no issues with factory or mecgar beretta 92 10-round mags. I use them extensively.

The 10th round feels tight on new mag because the spring has not taken a set. Either use a Lula loader or shoot it for a while until loading it gets easier.

The indentation on the side just prevents the magazine follower from going all the way down when loading rounds. It uses rhe exact same magazine spring and follower as the normal capacity magazines.
    Last edited by shootist26; 09-14-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Site Supporter
    This or another similar thread should be a sticky in this subforum since it gets asked so often, and with elections coming up I imagine we’ll see more threads like it.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    This or another similar thread should be a sticky in this subforum since it gets asked so often, and with elections coming up I imagine we’ll see more threads like it.
    Figuring out how to produce a coherent answer to these questions would be fantastic. I just spent the last hour searching and didn't find answers to my questions from the original post. In fact, the threads I linked in the OP contradict a lot of the advice provided in this thread. The question may be asked often, but I'm not sure it's answered often.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    I've never really had a problem with the G-Lock 10-rounders (26-, 19-, and 17-size) regardless of ammunition type. Probably eleven or twelve magazines total.
    I must have read a dozen threads on 10-round glock mags. For every person that says they've had no problem, there's a person that says they have - even after trying all the alternative followers.

And I 've had zero problems with 10-round H&K .45s.
    Good to know, thanks. I haven't found a single person complain about H&K yet.

If you're not in competition, why not go to a single-stack 9mm with an 8- or 9-round capacity, or a G43X (10-round), or a G48?
    I have no issues buying some single stack glocks. But I do want to try competition and some longer-barrel pistols so I'm looking for input on them.

Alternatively, you could also try out a 9mm 1911.
    Not a bad idea.

Beretta 92 and Browning/FN contract 10 rd magazines (in .40). The contract magazines( made by MecGar,) have better followers than the MecGar commercial magazines. Best, Jon

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    A couple of thoughts...first I like the Glock 30SF when I am in 10 round states. It fits my large hand, holds 10 rounds, and is also concealable if needed. Obviously, I am using the 10 round magazine.

I also have not had problems with Factory Glock 10 round mags for the 19 and 17. Magpul 10 round mags also work. I have used them in both my 19 and 17.

I realize others have had problem with OEM mags, but mine have all worked well with ball and HP ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    Thanks. Do you happen to know how it's designed? Is the spring fully compressed with 10 rounds in the mag? Or does the spring use the full lenght, so the spring is as if the full mag was 2/3 loaded?
    The 10 round p10c / P-07 mag uses a longer spring, and has dimples in the mag that prevent loading more than 10.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List