Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which manufacturer produces the best 10-round magazines for full-sized pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    Which full-sized pistol offers the most normally functioning 10-round versions? Both in terms of reliability and ease of use?
    HK USP and USP/c in my experience. I have a large number of 10 rounders for both platforms in multiple calibers (9mm, .40/457, and .45ACP) that I got at very cheap prices and use as my practice mags. No problems with any type of ammo, zero reliablity problems, no problems loading them. It would be my platform of choice where I restricted to 10 rounders.

I skimmed the thread and just looked for the combination of @GJM + HK - so that's what I'm going with.

Kidding. Actual post content:

- In 2014 I had an early-production M&P 1.0 that I received from Gander Mountain in Florida somehow with one blocked 10 round mag and one normal mag. Until I managed to exchange it for a normal mag, I had no issues with it.

- Two Glock 19 10 round blocked mags worked well enough for me (zero issues) from 2017 to 2018 in extended travel across the US in an RV. I did not use them as much as my normal G19 15 round mags, but I didn't have any issues using them in ban-states, either. Had a Gen 5 Glock 26 for a while; zero issues with 10 round standard mags, zero issues with OEM +2 12 rounder which was my normal carry mode. Had a Glock 43X, zero issues with OEM 10 round mags over 600+ rounds before I sold it in May.

- HK P30SK LEM 10 round mags - zero issues in EDC. I used it for one Tom Givens class in Everett WA in 2017 with no problems caused by the gun.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I’ve had no issues with full size Beretta 92 magazines but the 10th round is problematic on Compact magazines.

Sig P228/229 10 rounders have been Zero Defect (both old school zipper back and newer MecGar).

USPc/P2000 have been good to go as well.

As others have mentioned, some of the .45s are a good option. M&P45 is standard with 10 rounds and the new spring versions work well as do all the HK USP mags I’ve had.

P320 in 45 ACP.

(Dons asbestos underwear)
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by matto View Post
    I must have read a dozen threads on 10-round glock mags. For every person that says they've had no problem, there's a person that says they have - even after trying all the alternative followers.

Good to know, thanks. I haven't found a single person complain about H&K yet.

I have no issues buying some single stack glocks. But I do want to try competition and some longer-barrel pistols so I'm looking for input on them.

Not a bad idea.
    I know, sometimes I feel like I'm not one of the cool kids because I've never had a G-Lock mag to complain about. The mag problem is a thing I think about, but I wouldn't rate it any more worrisome than any known issue on anybody else's handgun. So long as mine continue to feed 124-gr Speer Gold Dots, I'm basically happy.

If you're really interested in competition with some carry crossover, I would look primarily at 1911s and CZs. It depends a lot on what sport and division you're interested in. It might behoove you to just separate out the carry gun from the funtimes gun, and accept that you're going to be playing under the same limitations as everybody else when it comes to the funtimes gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Mec-Gar CZ P10c 10 round mags seem to be good to go for P-07 and P10c.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-fact...bihqfsfsq3d592

I think @cheby has vetted Mec-Gar 10 round mags in his Shadow2s.
    I’m running Mec-Gar 10 round magazines in my Shadow 2 in production exclusively (I live next to a ban state). I find no difference in reliability. When I ran a Glock, I’d only use the 10 rounders when required by law, as I didn’t find them functionally as good.

Site Supporter
    I may be the least qualified to comment. As a CZ fan, I assert that their Mec Gar mags are stellar and are better than the Czech made mags. I have two other points. One is you never know what you might end up with in mags. I bought a new Smith M&P .45 that was shipped with the follower and spring incorrectly installed. When I complained, they sent me replacements with the same problem. My other point is that "everything" is made in runs. I urge folks to buy a bunch of 10 rounders that work. But if one or two do not, destroy and discard them. We are entering a new era. Supply and demand issues may present us with scarce but poorer made products. I predict we will see many 10 rd mags that are difficult to insert. That would make them 9 rounders for me. I am fortunate that my 3rd gen Glock 26 shoots as if it were a Star Wars ray gun.

Site Supporter
    Given those constraints, an HK45 would be my first, second, and third choices.

If it simply had to be a full size 9mm limited to 10 rounds, I'd go with the Beretta 92 or an HK VP9/P30.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I am fortunate that my 3rd gen Glock 26 shoots as if it were a Star Wars ray gun.

User Tag List