Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Trans Satanist anarchist’ wins GOP nom for county sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    How is this not a band name, or at least an album?

Uh, you don't have a business license yet as a consultant to the entertainment industry?

https://www.trademarkengine.com/sem/...hoCr28QAvD_BwE

I had a business years ago with a trademark name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starlink
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Somebody needs to reset the simulation.

This is your daily reminder that yes, it's still 2020. You have 107 days to go.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Keene is the seat of Cheshire County and to my understanding it consistently leans left.

https://sos.nh.gov/media/e1wjbynu/ch...tic20excel.xls
    It looks like the incumbent, Sheriff Eli Rivera, is running for his fifth term and has a little under 9000 votes. DiMezzo got about 4200.

Rivera's been the first Democrat sheriff since 1879. He's in his mid-fifties to the Republican runner-up Earl Nelson's 63? 64. Mandatory retirement for whoever holds is office at 70, I believe.

Here's something from 2016.
    https://www.sentinelsource.com/news/...82e8f8e64.html

As with most local politics, it's up to the locals to do something about, as they won't have much support from either party at a national level. Especially considering who's sitting in the RNC chair.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronna_McDaniel
    NH is hard to classify to someone from away. On paper there is a changing tradition from R to D, but in person a significant part of the population is truly independent- fiscally conservative but socially liberal. Call it libertarian with a small “l” if you must label it. My impression after living here for my adult life is that a number of those voting D as of late (not counting masshole transplants) are doing so because they find the GOP went too big brother-y on the social side and cannot square the dwindling fiscal restraint of the GOP with social policies they disagree with.

Cheshire County is weird, even by NH standards, and Keene is the only significant town in the county. DiMezzo is part of the Free Keene movement, which split from the Free State Project, in the belief that the FSP was not libertarian enough.
    From a neighboring county, her candidacy isn’t serious and appears to be mostly a protest about the 2 party system.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    trans in the coven?
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    How is this not a band name, or at least an album?
    The application was approved because somebody thought it was a typo. The coven had a HO club that wanted more members.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    From a neighboring county, her candidacy isn’t serious and appears to be mostly a protest about the 2 party system.
    Thank you. I was waiting for one of you guys over there to look past the headline and gimme the straight dope.

To give you an idea of how serious county sheriff elections can be, the GOP candidate for sheriff of Strafford County in 2014 also holds the distinction of being one of the only people convicted and incarcerated for the Bundy stand-off. For conduct committed while campaigning for sheriff.

https://www.wmur.com/amp/article/roc...-ranch/5190987

https://www.nhpr.org/post/supporters...e-too#stream/0

Generally speaking, incumbent sheriffs tend to not face serious challengers. The parties only get involved when the incumbent decides not to run.
    Last edited by DpdG; 09-16-2020 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Add context
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Why stop with a primary victory?

‘Transsexual anarchist Satanist,’ who’s also a GOP nominee for sheriff, joins mask lawsuit

KEENE, N.H. — A self-described transsexual anarchist Satanist recently nominated by the Republican Party to be on the ballot for Cheshire County Sheriff while running on a “F--- the Police” platform, along with a minister who also serves as a Bitcoin ambassador, and the owner of the Pho Keene Great restaurant in Keene, have joined together to sue Gov. Chris Sununu and the City of Keene over its mask ordinance and other emergency measures related to the ongoing global pandemic.

The federal lawsuit filed Friday accuses the governor of “invoking a feigned public health crisis” to limit the Constitutional rights of residents of the state and “regulate nearly every instance of individuals’ daily lives.”

The lawsuit was filed by Aria DiMezzo, who gained international attention earlier this month after winning the GOP primary for County Sheriff despite holding antagonistic views toward law enforcement.

DiMezzo is joined in the lawsuit by Ian Freeman, a radio host and minister who also operates Bitcoin Embassy NH. Malaise Lindenfeld, who opened Pho Keene Great, the cleverly named Vietnamese restaurant in downtown Keene in 2019 to much fanfare, is also listed as a plaintiff.

The parties are represented by Robert Fojo, a Bedford-based lawyer who filed a similar lawsuit challenging Nashua’s mask ordinance.

The 57-page lawsuit alleges that Keene, which passed a mask ordinance on Aug. 6, lacks the authority to enact such a requirement. The suit also argues that Sununu has improperly extended a state of emergency provision, and that “there is no longer an emergency in New Hampshire, or even a threat of one.”

The Governor’s Office and city officials have not yet responded to the lawsuit in court.

Lindenfeld claims in the lawsuit that the governor’s restrictions on in-person dining forced her to permanently close two other restaurants she operates in the Monadnock region. Freeman’s complaints, in part, stem from his claimed inability to host religious gatherings during the pandemic due, which he alleges is a violation of his First Amendment rights.

Along with financial damages, the plaintiffs are seeking an immediate injunction to end Keene’s mask ordinance and Sununu’s ongoing State of Emergency orders.

https://www.vnews.com/Mask-lawsuit-j...dents-36354984

Just wait until the Druids hear about this. They'll wanna run for office, too. Diversity!
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Just wait until the Druids hear about this. They'll wanna run for office, too. Diversity!
    Well, between this:

And this:

I know which I'd be voting for.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Oh great!

A Druish princess!

User Tag List