Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animals that took a wrong turn. Bang.

Site Supporter

Animals that took a wrong turn. Bang.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/mi...h-a-crocodile/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54877285

Mother bear and cub shot after climbing onto Russian nuclear submarine

That's a sad story.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54599913

Wild boar family killed by police in Rome children's playground

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/aust...-neighborhood/

Feral hog injures animal control officer in northwest Austin neighborhood

In my neighborhood, the well known Gizmo the cat has escaped again. He's hunting across the street in a field. He does that periodically.

Site Supporter
    That Texas wild boar story is so full of fail it’s worth the read. I know it’s Austin, but come on I thought Texans were supposed to Texan or something.

1. animal control officer with nothing but a catch pole vs 200lb hog.

2. One dude has a blaster, the only thing he does with it is to offer it to the injured animal control guy after the hog has left.

3. Residents want game wardens and government officials to explain to them what to do if anymore hogs get into their neighborhood.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

The notion of Austin residents being Texans is more theoretical than practical.

Of course, the other side of the coin is that when I lived in Houston, I encountered plently of people who were theoretical Texans as well.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

3. Residents want game wardens and government officials to explain to them what to do if anymore hogs get into their neighborhood.

I'm shocked that Texas, being so close to MX and given that 40% of the population is Hispanic, they wouldn't know what to do with carnitas, chorizo and chicharron on the hoof.

I bet a guy in Arkansas would know what to do with a feral hog busting up his yard.
    Last edited by Borderland; 11-10-2020 at 08:09 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post

Of course, the other side of the coin is that when I lived in Houston, I encountered plently of people who were theoretical Texans as well.
    But in Houston they aren't squeamish about killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm shocked that Texas, being so close to MX and given that 40% of the population is Hispanic, they wouldn't know what to do with carnitas, chorizo and chicharron on the hoof.

I bet a guy in Arkansas would know what to do with a feral hog busting up his yard.
    I'm guessing that neighborhood is all filled up with vegans.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post

CBP has somehow failed you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

40% "Hispanic" covers a very broad range of people including people 10 or more generations deep in Texas who are now just like any other urban / suburban American.

That 40% is not evenly distributed ether. Do you know how hard i is to find real Mexican food in Austin ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I'm guessing that neighborhood is all filled up with vegans.
    Funny you should say that. I've never met a Hispanic immigrant that was a vegan. Maybe I'm just not in the main stream anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    40% "Hispanic" covers a very broad range of people including people 10 or more generations deep in Texas who are now just like any other urban / suburban American.

That 40% is not evenly distributed ether. Do you know how hard i is to find real Mexican food in Austin ?
    No.

User Tag List