Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bundeswehr; CG Haenel’s MK556 Carbine to Replace H&K G36

Site Supporter

Bundeswehr; CG Haenel’s MK556 Carbine to Replace H&K G36

https://soldiersystems.net/2020/09/1...9JBbiUza6EJ4ro

German Bundeswehr Selects CG Haenel’s MK556 Carbine to Replace H&K G36

According to the German language publication Soldat und Technik, the German Army has selected the CG Haenel MK556 carbine to replace the G36. The MK556 is a short-stroke piston design in 5.56mm NATO.

This ends the service’s multi-year search for a G36 replacement. The program to purchase around 120,000 new rifles began in 2017 and suffered a slight set back in 2019 when testing had to be reaccomplished. The G36 entered service in 1997 and underwent two upgrades during its service.

The MK556 beat out the new Heckler & Koch HK433 which was developed specifically for this tender after the German government told H&K that their existing HK416 (adopted by the German Kommando Spezialkräfte or, Special Forces) was too expensive.
    Name:  MK 556.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  11.6 KB

The HK Fan Boys gonna be like:

Acts 7:54

Now when they heard this, they were cut to the quick, and they began gnashing their teeth at him.

Okay, I got a good laugh out of the highlighted portion

The MK556 beat out the new Heckler & Koch HK433 which was developed specifically for this tender after the German government told H&K that their existing HK416 (adopted by the German Kommando Spezialkräfte or, Special Forces) was too expensive
    Name:  08E8BC7D-ED57-44B1-B25D-39EC4CBB4CC6.png
Views: 747
Size:  16.7 KB
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    https://soldiersystems.net/2020/09/1...9JBbiUza6EJ4ro

German Bundeswehr Selects CG Haenel’s MK556 Carbine to Replace H&K G36

Name:  MK 556.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  11.6 KB

The HK Fan Boys gonna be like:

Acts 7:54

Now when they heard this, they were cut to the quick, and they began gnashing their teeth at him.
    If memory serves, the Bundeswehr dropped the FAL for the G3 specifically because the G3 was domestically produced and sourced. Same for the MP2 (UZI) that they replaced with the MP5.
    I'm reasonably sure that any contract they offered would be producing those weapons in Germany, but AFAIK Haenel's infrastructure isn't nearly as big as HK's.

Considering that Germany also has such strict laws on arms and arms technology IP, it's interesting they went with a old name like CG Haenel that's now owned by outside-of-Germany interests.

I know just enough about Gov't contracting and procurement to know that while almost everything gets hung up on details somewhere - lower prices always win at the end of the day.

The old timers in Germany are lamenting this decision and demanding that they bring back the K98 and P08.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Germans still have a real army?

I thought they converted it to a peace, justice and CO2 prevention force.

Looking at the picture, I can't tell if it's a folding stock or not.

Never mind, it isn't.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Zoomed in pic on the Haenel website shows they didn't completely stake the castle nut....

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Zoomed in pic on the Haenel website shows they didn't completely stake the castle nut....
    HKs marketing team left big shoes to fill.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Is this the gun that is from the same guy/s that developed the HK416 and the Sig516?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    The old timers in Germany are lamenting this decision and demanding that they bring back the K98 and P08.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zwei World Wars.....
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List