Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: Low Profile waist belt i.e. TRUSS, Clutch

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Thanks to all who replied. The FS Das Ding looks just about perfect.

I was working with a BFG 10 speed chest rig, but it was not 100% right.

The DD looks much better. If I can't get the 10 speed to work, I will give it a try.

@ECVMatt I'd outfit a Clutch (or similar), roll it up and throw it in a backpack along with the soft armor and supplies. Include the lightest, roll up windbreaker to cover up the clutch once donned. I recorded a vid of me deploying a clutch from a Chrome sling bag, but no one wants to see my ugly mug. I would say about 30-45 seconds to deploy and get covered up

In your situation I would downsize to a Glock 19 or even 48/43x and do standard AIWB carry in a good holster and good belt. The gun and the mags would be the only thing on the waist. I would pocket carry a real deal flashlight, multitool, and knife. Move the IFAK to an ankle rig, the Ryker Nylon rig is awesome. I agree with ditching the food. Hydrate well before you leave, and nearly all of us Americans have enough body fat to get home. I actually EDC all of the stuff I just listed the same way all the time, comfortably and concealed.
    My reasoning is, in a riot you have a very real chance of having to use that equipment, and AIWB sets you up for fast success without fighting your gear. You can do a lot of good self defense work with an aluminum bodied tactical flashlight in your left hand and a lot of lumens.

User Tag List