Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendations for a good retention holster for Ruger SR9c.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    ... The ALS is the (automatic locking system). This is a passive lock. Just drop in the gun and a lock engages on the ejection port area of the gun. It is a pretty strong system for plastic. Unlike the SLS system that you have to remember to close the hood on, this is just holster and forget, since it is automatic. They make an optional “ALS Sentry” cover. Which is a tab that covers the ALS release button. When you draw, you push forward on the Sentry (which uncovers the ALS tab) then pull back on the ALS. Again, it sounds complicated, but it is stupid simple to master in a few minutes. Then it is just practice to build some muscle memory...
    AKA a 6006 ALS Guard. I’m a huge fan of these and have them on all of my ALS holsters that will accept them - in fact, I just took delivery of a new one for the 637 I have on order. The combination of automatic ALS locking and the added manual layer of protection afforded by the 6006 in in my eyes idea *for my situation.*

Stock photos on a 637:

Name:  99BBED1B-C66F-436B-A213-9E9EADA5DA90.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  25.7 KB
    Name:  5E712BB2-1717-4C9B-B60F-21AB337ABFB2.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  24.8 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    My honest advice based on reading your last post would be to sell the SR9c, buy a gun that Safariland makes an 6360 holster for, buy a Safariland 6360 holster (there are plenty used on eBay), and be done.
    This ^^^.

Unfortunately @Gadgly is spot on, no one makes duty holsters for the SR9c because it’s not a duty gun.

uniform security at a hospital you eventually have to go hands on so you need a duty type holster.

Sell the SR9C and get something more appropriate. It doesn’t have to be a Glock, hell a Ruger P series gun is an option if you are brand loyal.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Damn! not necessarily what I wanted to hear but maybe what I need to hear. Make no-mistake, I'll keep my Rugers. I love them. But base on advice I trust, I might start looking for a different duty weapon, one with sufficient support. God forgive me, please don't tell me I'll own up owning a Block.
    I saw this the other day. Seems like a good option for openly carried work gun.

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/glock...s-p-58580.html

Site Supporter
    I have a couple of Safariland ALS holsters and one GLS holster. I've never had a problem with the GLS, but the release is so light on that holster that I worry that it'll release if I turn my back to the wind. I use ALS holsters as field holsters when I'm hunting and sometimes as a first holster if I like a pistol enough to buy a holster for it. The ALS system is very intuitive. Last week when I was at the gun store, they had a ALS/SLS combo out on the counter that I played with for a minute. It seemed very intuitive as well. If I open carried a pistol as a part of my employment, I'd start with the ALS/SLS combo holster.

Gadfly nailed the descriptions very well.

My uniform duty holsters use the SLS/ALS combo. The ones I wear exposed in soft clothes use the ALS with ALS guard. The draw stroke is exactly the same with both rigs.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List