Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone need an L frame 242?

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I had one long ago--it was nice, but large. I found a Colt LWOM or G26 was just as easy to carry.
    Back when I read they were coming out, they sounded good. When I saw the first one in person, a giant Bodyguard wasn't appealing.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

I had its sibling, the 296, good shooter for a small .44, but like trying to conceal a box of Cheerios.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It has to seem massive.
    Not really. Carries about like a 3" 65 for me. Not any kind of normal pocket gun, but light and easy in an IWB holster.

I had one. The idea was a service-sized Centennial. It was just a bit too light at under 20 ounces with the titanium cylinder. That combined with the reduced areas of the lightened back strap concentrated the recoil in the palm of the hand. The light weight would have been nice for carry, but it was a lot harder to shoot than a PC M681 Quadra-Port even with the latter stoked with magnums. It needed an L-frame holster, and some extra weight would have made range sessions more tolerable. I think it would have sold better with a steel cylinder. Or not as it looked funky. Mine went down the road in favor of the M681. Same capacity, basically the same size, and a lot more pleasant to shoot. And no worries about wearing through the coating on the titanium cylinder with the PC M681.

User Tag List