Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Screw the NFL!

How about them nominated Colin Kaepernick to the NFL Hall of Fame recently. I haven't watched football in over 35 year, what the hell did he do the sport to earn a nomination?

Quote Originally Posted by rv245 View Post
    How about them nominated Colin Kaepernick to the NFL Hall of Fame recently. I haven't watched football in over 35 year, what the hell did he do the sport to earn a nomination?
    Took a knee.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I watched an 8 min YouTube video of the first Seahawk game of the season just to see if there was one. I wouldn't know who any of the sponsors are because you can't have any commercials in 8 minutes. I haven't seen a live broadcast commercial in years. They made a special attempt to not show the unfilled stadium seats. One accidental shot showed an empty stadium.

That tells me the the advertising revenue comes from the live broadcast of the game. I couldn't watch that even if I wanted because I have no cable, no dish or anything else that's been invented lately to watch sports live.

I never would have thought that a virus and an insurgency was going to be responsible for the death of the NFL. Oh well, RIP
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-16-2020 at 05:09 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

So far, not regretting my decision not to watch:

https://www.fox6now.com/sports/packe...-during-anthem
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    So far, not regretting my decision not to watch:

https://www.fox6now.com/sports/packe...-during-anthem
    Me neither. It's ironic that I got it free from DirecTV this season and I won't watch. Go figure.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by rv245 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Took a knee.
    Name:  21769385-15E7-4EA7-B456-CCABF7BD4FEE.jpeg
Views: 365
Size:  31.5 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Rich Americans Plow Fortunes Into European Soccer Bargains

"“Investing in American sports is very expensive and at high valuations,” Conway said, noting that professional baseball and basketball teams in the U.S. fetch at least $1 billion."

Are we sure it's just a price thing?
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List