Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Screw the NFL!

"NFL Ratings COLLAPSE After Players Insult FANS With Social Justice Messages"

JMO COLLAPSE is a little over the top .. but its good there Ratings took a hit.

I stopped watching the NFL several seasons ago when all of this kneeling started with a washed up back up QB looking to hold onto some relevancy.

I still watch a little MMA and boxing, but I don't shut down my day or evening when it's on.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    My vote is with BBL. I've never had an interest in it and cannot recall ever watching an entire game. My dad was a fan. I typically retreated to my room when it was game time with a book. I believe in capitalism and the free market. With all the money they make/made, capital improvements should be made by the franchise, not the taxpayer.

When they go bust, I predict a bunch of formerly wealthy and illiterate ball tossers will be broke with a year or two and living on the street.
    Same. The only reason I'd 'watch' a game was to hang out with my Dad and his friends. I've never cared for the sport itself.

In my previous career in automotive performance, I did have a few NFL/former NFL players as clients. The ones that make it for the long run are the few that save money while they're in. One of those clients said NFL stood for 'Not For Long' because most NFL players only get 2-4 years in the league, tops. There's a pretty decent percentage that only play one season ever. But they're all spending tons of money and living it up thinking it'll go on forever. It doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    .....I hope the soldiers spending their Sundays deployed don't have to see this...
    The AFN (Armed Forces Network, basically a DoD TV network/cable TV service) regularly showed the big games during the season. Through fall of 2019 when I was at Camp Arifjan for several months, the various MWR rec centers and such had the games playing, but by November or so it went from the games being on in the 'big rooms' to being on here and there in smaller rooms with a few guys watching, but no big crowds or anything.
    Most joes (especially the younger ones) mostly stopped giving a fuck about TV sports at all. During down time it was video games, streaming movies from wherever, or our own various softball/flag football/soccer etc teams we formed up to play against other units.

We were excited about the Super Bowl for exactly one reason - they'd allowed troops to have a few beers on Super Bowl Sunday 2019, we were very excited about those two cans of Bud Light or Coors Light or whatever it was going to be.
    But between Iran's bullshit after a certain nameless subhuman piece of shit finally got blown to fucking pieces, and a few 'incidents' related to the drinking in 2019, our Super Bowl beers were not to be. I ended up on another assignment and wouldn't have been around for it anyway.

For the record - one of my best friends was there at the gate when I got home in late May, and he had a flask of Macallan 18 for me to enjoy a 'first sip of freedom'. I enjoyed a good bit more than a sip. I'm very fortunate to have such good friends.

At least one won't follow the woke trend.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1305300918762647557
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    At least one won't follow the woke trend.

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1305300918762647557
    I feel for him and the few other athletes trying to stand against the tide. In the end it is up to the NFL leadership to make the choices, but despite what Eifert does, it is going to take a hell of a lot for the NFL to bring me back as a customer.

Site Supporter
    Yep.
    Wondering how I can make the point to the NFL, that I’m pointedly NOT watching tonight.

It'll be interesting if/when the dumbass players all get major salary cuts because their teams have no money to pay them. And then they wind up getting nothing when they sue and the teams fold and have to sell off their assets to pay the tax man who won't give a shit that they didn't manage their money.

Rags to riches... to rags story.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Yep.
    Wondering how I can make the point to the NFL, that I’m pointedly NOT watching tonight.
    Yeah, I find myself wondering the same thing these days; How do I make my non-participation apparent without participating in some form or another?

Short of sending a profanity-laden 'nasty-gram' email to the NFL telling them why I they've lost me as a viewer, I cannot think of another option. I won't do that though since it is not my style although I'd entertain other options if anyone comes up with one.

Maybe "double secret ignore"?
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    Yeah, I find myself wondering the same thing these days; How do I make my non-participation apparent without participating in some form or another?

Short of sending a profanity-laden 'nasty-gram' email to the NFL telling them why I they've lost me as a viewer, I cannot think of another option. I won't do that though since it is not my style although I'd entertain other options if anyone comes up with one.

Maybe "double secret ignore"?
    I deliberately avoid buying from anyone advertising during an NFL game. As best as possible, anyway.

Our opposition and some 'Karen' types have been known to tweet/IG/etc at the advertisers paying for ad space on the things they hate, and visibly and vocally declare that they'll avoid their products so long as they're running ads during whatever program they hate. Perhaps a similar tactic is called for, given the situation.

User Tag List