Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Screw the NFL!

Shrug.

The NFL is of zero interest, less so lately. It’s a business like any other of course. If they go broke, it’ll be a shame for the folks losing their jobs. Seems to me they’d be better off just playing their game and providing entertainment, as opposed to being Social Justice Workers. They should change their name to the National Pandering League.

Locally, Super Bowl LV will be played about 3 miles from where we live in Tampa. It’ll be interesting to see how much it disrupts things here that weekend.

But watching the NFL? Sorry, not interested.

I’m with Keefus!
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I’m with Keefus!
    He had me at bourbon...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

My vote is with BBL. I've never had an interest in it and cannot recall ever watching an entire game. My dad was a fan. I typically retreated to my room when it was game time with a book. I believe in capitalism and the free market. With all the money they make/made, capital improvements should be made by the franchise, not the taxpayer.

When they go bust, I predict a bunch of formerly wealthy and illiterate ball tossers will be broke with a year or two and living on the street.

Rodeo is so much more exciting and genuine. Plus the athletes are patriots and good Americans.
    #RESIST

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Rodeo is so much more exciting and genuine. Plus the athletes are patriots and good Americans.
    Yeah. I doubt you would see any of the riders or even clowns take a knee at Frontier days (if they held it this year).

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Yeah. I doubt you would see any of the riders or even clowns take a knee at Frontier days (if they held it this year).
    Maybe they should let some of the rodeo bulls run wild at the NFL games so that the self absorbed players could find out what it's like to find themselves on the horns of a dilemma.

I imagine they'd find themselves on both knees and flat on their backs PDQ.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Maybe they should let some of the rodeo bulls run wild at the NFL games so that the self absorbed players could find out what it's like to find themselves on the horns of a dilemma.

I imagine they'd find themselves on both knees and flat on their backs PDQ.
    I’d pay real money to watch that. To add to the enjoyment post police and soldiers armed with rifles around the stadium and when the player begs for the bulls to be shot - the officer will just say “Bulls lives matter too”

I have DirecTV and last year and this year they gave me NFL Sunday Ticket for free...and I still can't bear to watch it.

I turned it on for a moment today to see what would happen as the game was about to begin...saw that both teams (Jets / Bills) didn't come out of the locker room for the national anthem, in protest, and then when they did, many players had names like Michael Brown, Breonna Taylor and the usual "woke" maxims on their helmets. I was completely disgusted.

Told my wife there is no way I can watch this and off it went. I'll call DirecTV this week and tell 'em to find something else to comp me with...if they care to.

Fuck the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I never thought hockey or NASCR would either, but here we are.

User Tag List