Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 300 Blackout Bolt Actions

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    That is EXACTLY what is needed. Nothing more complicated than that, do not deviate from CTR mags. @e_stern
    I just bought a 20” .223 CTR. Nice rifle. Compact, accurate. I’ve got 2 months to wait on the 20 VarTarg barrel I ordered. In the mean time, I’m shooting 223 through the 1:8 barrel, and it is pretty accurate.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post

I just bought a 20” .223 CTR. Nice rifle. Compact, accurate. I’ve got 2 months to wait on the 20 VarTarg barrel I ordered. In the mean time, I’m shooting 223 through the 1:8 barrel, and it is pretty accurate.
    Cool man! I've had the 223 CTR on my watch list for awhile now, with intents to buy and swap to 300 BLK. But I just can't justify it when I know Tikka has enough brains to do it themselves and sell it to me and a bunch of other guys like me who want a high quality, problem-free 300 BLK bolt rifle.

Site Supporter
    I have a Howa mini in 300 blackout and it is honestly one of the more enjoyable rifles that I own to shoot. The trigger from the factory is a very nice two stage, the mag (while proprietary) holds 10 rounds, and I have loaded up some of the most random 300 blackout reloads in it, and it shoots pretty much everything well. I have it in the oryx chassis right now, but honestly I should have just waited and got the Elf Owl for what I got it for.

I also had a spare AR lower, so I ended up making one of those straight-pull no gas system pistols with a 6" barrel. It is also a lot of fun. It is a lot lighter and shorter, and is a lot of fun to shoot. I usually use an Omega 9k suppressor on both of them which isn't Hollywood quiet, but works well and it so short and light it doesn't impact the "light and handy" features of the Howa.

User Tag List