Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 300 Blackout Bolt Actions

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    @e_stern - how about some non-barreled Tikka actions? I think the market is ready.
    And @e_stern while you're at it, why not a Tikka competitor for the other short threaded .300 BLK rifles on the market? Have it use the double-stack CTR mags, not the single-stacks the hunting rifles are using. The other major manufacturers' rifles on the market are functional, but I believe Tikka would get a pretty big share due to the added quality.

Site Supporter
    @e_stern - how about some non-barreled Tikka actions? I think the market is ready.
    I think this is a great idea and for a variety of projects rolling around in my head.

I have not, but my buddies who have built on Rem 700 actions for other calibers are all sorry. These weren’t a great design before Remington’s QC took a dive.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Haven’t read reviews on it and never seen one in the wild. But every time I see the pic I start trying to justify one in my collection.

https://www.liveqordie.com/products/...00-blk-pistol/
    That, at least in part, probably started this idea. They do think highly of them though.

Remington has the knock off version in the 700CP, but you can’t find them anywhere (in 300 Blk).

https://www.remington.com/handguns/700-cp

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have not, but my buddies who have built on Rem 700 actions for other calibers are all sorry. These weren’t a great design before Remington’s QC took a dive.
    That is a large part of my concern. Taking a caliber known to have issues in that action and the current production receivers problems and it sounds like a whole lot of frustration.

I was really hoping to find a first hand and easy fix.

How’s the 300 PRC?

300 Blackout Bolt Actions

@EricP Agree. Have you thought about just loading subsonic.308?

The 300PRC is fucking awesome. I’ve only shot 50 rounds so far but I am already in love. A 10lb gun that can send a 225gr supersonic past a mile! I’ve only shot it to 1350, but so far Hornady’s 3-part G7 BC data are spot on.

I’m really digging the ARC Nucleus action as well.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Have you thought about just loading subsonic.308?
    This. The .300 BLK is awesome if you can feed from AR mags, but if that's not on the table and you're just going to have 4-5 rounds in an ordinary box mag in a hunting gun, the reloading bench might be a cheaper solution than a gunsmith.

I have a plan to work up a load of the 120-gr Barnes black tip that doesn't quite work as good as it looks in .300 BLK to about 2500-2600 fps from a .308. Should be very soft-shooting for old-busted shoulders and small people (both youngsters and wimminfolk) and effective well past where .300 starts being iffy.

The other argument for a dedicated .300 BLK bolt gun is overall compactness, i.e., "mini" action size. Gets the overall size and weight down. However, I'll just note that compact stocks for Tikkas are readily available. Saw a CTR stock with the stickers still on it go for $85 shipped last week on another site.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Instagram: sometimesishootCs

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    There's a discussion in the PDW thread of AR pistols set up with no or folding RE (like a BRN-180), shortened bolt carrier, side charging handle and no gas system. A manually-cycled pistol. Turns out they suppress really well.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    There's a discussion in the PDW thread of AR pistols set up with no or folding RE (like a BRN-180), shortened bolt carrier, side charging handle and no gas system. A manually-cycled pistol. Turns out they suppress really well.
    So basically a straight-pull bolt action. That's interesting. I learned to shoot with my Dad's T-Bolt, it's a really fast action.

User Tag List