Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: KRG Bravo for the 10/22?

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Did this get resolved to your satisfaction?
    I suppose. There still very little room for my tacsol barrel. The simple fix took a long time, and I really wanted a titan, but the super short LOP is what drew me to the KRG. I was trying to set something up for my now 8yo, and the titan’s LOP meant that I would have to cut it, and I was too lazy. Now I think I might sell it and chop a titan

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    Is your barrel steel or aluminum? How is the balance in the Bravo? I have a Bergara carbon fiber wrapped barrel that I’m adding a lot of weight to the fore end to offset the light barrel and heavy stock.

Did this get resolved to your satisfaction?
    Yes, I like the way the rifle turned out. I have a Kidd steel barrel on the Kidd receiver. .920” barrel diameter, and it required the updated shim to clear the front of the Bravo stock. I like the balance with the steel barrel in the Bravo. I also like the short length of pull. I needed only 1 shim to set a 13” length of pull.

I’ve shortened all my rifles to 13” LOP from 13.5” on the advice of a PRS shooter and shooting coach. He pointed out that I would be able to track the target and bullet flight better through recoil if I shifted the buttstock and pad a little more towards the centerline of my body. Moving the recoil pad from the pocket of my shoulder to the outer part of my pectoral muscle. Square my shoulders a little more to the target. Makes the body absorb recoil better, and less upset of the sight picture. So now I’m practicing with the stock and recoil pad pulled a bit inward, and trying to build muscle memory.

I like the Bravo. A good practice and training stock.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

User Tag List