Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Why you need to vote - Feinstein’s #1 goal for 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S View Post
    There are several posts I could choose to quote, so don’t take this as a personal attack by any means, LL, but this is a good starting place.

Gun rights...why are they most important? Without a will to use them, they’re just another hobby for most, and have limited use for everyday folks, aside from the extremely rural that actually do need them to survive. Fortunately, we have a court system that doesn’t just rubber stamp everything a president wishes to do (particularly via executive order) so it’s really much worry over what’s going to amount to not much.

I emailed the White House a while back, with a brief, succinct, professional message as to why I won’t be voting for Trump in this election. His visa policy/travel ban is the biggest problem, and it directly affects people I care about. Forgive me for not really caring what Biden/Harris *think* they can do about guns, and more caring about a president, who’s actions via executive order are directly impacting the lives of people that simply happen to have been born in a country that he’s ticked off with.
    Wasn't one of the issues with the visa policy/travel band the lack of ability to verify identities due to some of the country's passport and identification offices having been taken over by insurgents? IIRC even the head of the CIA mentioned there was no way to vet the backgrounds of folks attempting entry from certain countries and Obama had also signed a law effecting entrance by the people identified in Trumps temporary order. The people you care about are no doubt good people and deserving of entry and citizenship and I understand your angst about them being affected but controlling immigration to the United States is important. The ban was needed until a way to properly identify people was in place especially from counties previously acknowledged as supporting terrorism.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by kitchen's mill View Post
    No one needs to hold their nose and vote Trump, don't vote for either.

But down ballet do not vote or support Democrats for Congress.

The Senate is close, we lose Congress and the Whitehouse we will notice a swooshing sound as the Country goes down the drain.

Vote spilt ticket at the least.
    Sadly not voting for Trump is the same as a vote for Biden... but I agree Congress is even more important.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

There are several posts I could choose to quote, so don’t take this as a personal attack by any means, LL, but this is a good starting place.

Gun rights...why are they most important? Without a will to use them, they’re just another hobby for most, and have limited use for everyday folks, aside from the extremely rural that actually do need them to survive. Fortunately, we have a court system that doesn’t just rubber stamp everything a president wishes to do (particularly via executive order) so it’s really much worry over what’s going to amount to not much.

I emailed the White House a while back, with a brief, succinct, professional message as to why I won’t be voting for Trump in this election. His visa policy/travel ban is the biggest problem, and it directly affects people I care about. Forgive me for not really caring what Biden/Harris *think* they can do about guns, and more caring about a president, who’s actions via executive order are directly impacting the lives of people that simply happen to have been born in a country that he’s ticked off with.
    An attack on gun rights is an attack on the Constitution, without the Constitution no United States.

Obama and the left wing have stated they would rewrite the Constitution and fundamentally change America.

Obama supported Harris, but she couldn't seal the deal. So back door her into office as the VP, Biden will either resign or Harris/Obama will simply run the country behind the scene.

If an armed population is no big deal, why is the left pushing to disarm citizens and defund the police.

Obama has always been anti cop, hard to push Government on people, better make sure they can't resist.

Single party Government is never good, too powerful. A divided Government is limited.

I'm no Trump fan, and never had use for Biden, so I may only vote down ballet. Try to keep the Republicans as a stop in the Senate.

And if anyone thinks a Robert's Supreme Court will protect gun rights, you're in for a disappointment.

The President will be decided by a few key states, if you're not in those states your vote won't matter much.

But you might have a say in who runs Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Wasn't one of the issues with the visa policy/travel band the lack of ability to verify identities due to some of the country's passport and identification offices having been taken over by insurgents? IIRC even the head of the CIA mentioned there was no way to vet the backgrounds of folks attempting entry from certain countries and Obama had also signed a law effecting entrance by the people identified in Trumps temporary order. The people you care about are no doubt good people and deserving of entry and citizenship and I understand your angst about them being affected but controlling immigration to the United States is important. The ban was needed until a way to properly identify people was in place especially from counties previously acknowledged as supporting terrorism.

Look, other countries have no issues processing visas. Why is it, that certain very particular countries are singled out, for no good reason? The whole national security line is an overplayed bunch of malarkey, meant to satisfy a certain base.

When you have people that are prevented from getting visas because Trump (this has nothing to do with Obama) getting ticked about the ‘Iran deal’ and using the critical thinking skills of a gnat when he grabbed a pen and paper, that’s an issue. Sanctions, etc, are right up this alley as well. Hurting people, when you’re mad at their government, is idiotic.

Look, other countries have no issues processing visas. Why is it, that certain very particular countries are singled out, for no good reason? The whole national security line is an overplayed bunch of malarkey, meant to satisfy a certain base.

When you have people that are prevented from getting visas because Trump (this has nothing to do with Obama) getting ticked about the ‘Iran deal’ and using the critical thinking skills of a gnat when he grabbed a pen and paper, that’s an issue. Sanctions, etc, are right up this alley as well. Hurting people, when you’re mad at their government, is idiotic.
    Dan, with all due respect - unless you’re a FSO or someone professionally familiar with the issues at hand, you’re expressing an opinion. I personally don’t know.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Sadly not voting for Trump is the same as a vote for Biden... but I agree Congress is even more important.
    My state is pretty solid red, it's electoral votes will go Trump regardless of how I vote.

A fact lost on some.

But we have a Senate seat up for grabs, that's something to follow.

Dan, with all due respect - unless you’re a FSO or someone professionally familiar with the issues at hand, you’re expressing an opinion. I personally don’t know.
    You know what I do for a living, so...I guess it’s just my opinion then, unless you are familiar with policies for, say, certain countries in Europe, that don’t have an issue processing Visas...

If we left important decisions up to ‘experts’ we’d have a national disaster on our hands...oh wait...we already have a national disaster. Oh well. I’ll take one for the team, and vote for someone that I detest, because maybe he possibly won’t sell me down the river when it’s convenient...(except he already has, multiple times...)

I’m tired of being told to choose between two horrible options. I’m tired of being told that one set of masters is somehow ‘better’ when their end game always ends up hurting the little people, both here and outside the country.

They are most hopelessly enslaved, that falsely belief that they are free. - Some German Dude
    Last edited by Dan_S; 09-13-2020 at 07:09 PM.

You know what I do for a living, so...I guess it’s just my opinion then, unless you are familiar with policies for, say, certain countries in Europe, that don’t have an issue processing Visas...

If we left important decisions up to ‘experts’ we’d have a national disaster on our hands...oh wait...we already have a national disaster. Oh well. I’ll take one for the team, and vote for someone that I detest, because maybe he possibly won’t sell me down the river when it’s convenient...(except he already has, multiple times...)

I’m tired of being told to choose between two horrible options. I’m tired of being told that one set of masters is somehow ‘better’ when their end game always ends up hurting the little people, both here and outside the country.

They are most hopelessly enslaved, that falsely belief that they are free. - Some German Dude
    I do know what you do, and also your situation - my point is that we can only guess as to the security issues posed by the countries currently being blocked. I wasn’t trying to be aggressive, I was just stating that we (as civs) don’t know all of the particulars.

A friend was a FSO, and as his final lap before retirement actually served as Ambassador for a shithole country no political appointee would ever want. Some of the stories about what the host country tried to pull off...
    Ken

Biden's response to the shooting of 2 Deputies

This is the brilliant response to the attempted murder of two law enforcement officers in cold blood. What a disingenuous POS. Of course he would be a second tier POS compared to many in Congress. Vote these filthy bastards out wherever and whenever you can.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cers-shot.html
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I do know what you do, and also your situation - my point is that we can only guess as to the security issues posed by the countries currently being blocked. I wasn’t trying to be aggressive, I was just stating that we (as civs) don’t know all of the particulars.

A friend was a FSO, and as his final lap before retirement actually served as Ambassador for a shithole country no political appointee would ever want. Some of the stories about what the host country tried to pull off...
    I didn’t take what you said as being aggressive. You’re a friend, we’re good.

User Tag List