Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FourSevens flashlight discount code

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    The tactical has a tail cap button. The regular Quark just twists on and off.

ETA: Also notice they have an X version that can be purchased instead of the R5. The X version, while brighter, has a flood beam as opposed to a hot-spot and spillage like the R5. It also strobes slower than the R5.
    Which means...? Too many damned options. I love the have it your way selection but there is just too many ways to make the wrong choice.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Which means...? Too many damned options. I love the have it your way selection but there is just too many ways to make the wrong choice.
    I don't imagine you can make a wrong choice. It's preferential stuff. I highly doubt people are going to evaluate your death in a shooting situation and say, "Dumb mofo shoulda' got the R5." It's a flashlight....buy what you want.

The tactical has a tail cap button. The regular Quark just twists on and off.
    The Tactical has a simple "clicky" button with fairly long travel. The Pro has a flat pressure-sensitive button that you can press repeatedly to step through the brightness levels.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    The Tactical has a simple "clicky" button with fairly long travel. The Pro has a flat pressure-sensitive button that you can press repeatedly to step through the brightness levels.
    I'm not seeing anything listed as the Pro, and switching through the modes using a button isn't how any of the Quark series operates (to my knowledge). Got a link? I might be interested.

ETA: Now I see it! Was looking at the old website.

Thanks for the help. I have been wanting to try one and with the discount that puts the price right for me to try. I have one more question. On the QTL they have it with or without the clip and the QT2L looks like it is only sold with the clip. Are the clips removable? Thanks again.

Site Supporter
    Just ordered the Tactical QTA (1 cell AA). I had been hunting for a small light for EDC and this was loads cheaper than the Surefire E1B Backup. I have to admit, I lost some sleep over whether to get the AA or 123 model. In the end, I decided on the AA just because I have a small mountain of them stockpiled at the house. Thanks for the heads up on the coupon code!

I'm not seeing anything listed as the Pro, and switching through the modes using a button isn't how any of the Quark series operates (to my knowledge). Got a link? I might be interested.

ETA: Now I see it! Was looking at the old website.

From the old website: (Couldn't find this info on the new website, but I hope they add it because I have found this helpful shopping for lights.)

You can also cycle through the Quark's other modes just as easily. Lightly depress the button momentarily (you don't need to 'click' it off) and the output will switch to the next mode. The mode sequence is determined by whether the bezel is tightened or loosened:

Loosened Bezel: Moonlight -> Low -> Medium -> High -> SOS -> Beacon

Tightened Bezel: Max -> Strobe

Once the Quark has been turned off for at least three seconds, it will revert to the first level of output in the sequence, either Moonlight or Max.
    I don't have any foursevens lights, but I've got a nearly identical Fenix that operates that way.

Thanks peterb for posting the coupon code. I'd been wanting to get one of the 123 1 cell tactical lights for a while. The light arrived last week, and I've been carrying/using it since! I had been carrying a Surefire 6P in my pocket, and while a great light, it's big and heavy (compared to the quark tactical).

I've noticed that when set to max brightness, the light dims after about 4 seconds. I did some comparisons, and it dims to approximately the same level as the medium setting. I've tried fresh batteries and it still happens. I'm not super concerned about the dimming issue, since I don't have it programmed for max brightness (like Todd and others here, I have it set up for strobe and medium). I just want to make sure I didn't get a defective light. I've been emailing back and forth with 4sevens customer support, and hopefully will figure this out soon. FWIW, their support has been good. I get same day responses to my emails during business hours.

We are diminished
    I don't have either of mine right at hand, but I've never noticed the "dimming" effect with either my 1-cell or 2-cell 123 Quark/4Sevens/Foursevens lights.

Figured I'd bump this.

I had a Quark Tactical, but didn't like not having the other modes instantly available. I found it pretty annoying to get the light into programming mode, too.

So, I just bought the Pro. I didn't want the standard Pro tail cap which doesn't have momentary on, but an advantage of the Quark is that you can interchange the parts. So I put the Tactical tail cap on it.....best of both world, IMO. If you don't already have a Tactical, you can buy the Tactical tailcap for only $9. When the bezel on the Pro is tightened it's set to max, and when loosened is moonlight. When on max, tapping the tail cap within 3 seconds activates the strobe, which I find acceptable....it's easy, and there's no goofing around to get the light into strobe. It's no less functional than the Tactical programmed to strobe, in my opinion.

When at moonlight (loosened bezel), tapping the button does the same thing with the other modes. The sequence is moonlight>low>medium>high>SOS>beacon. I personally find it to be a much more functional EDC light than the Tactical. Especially as an EMT, as I have lots of accidents in front of my house......the availability of being able to use the moonlight or low mode to check for pupillary response is a plus.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List