Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Remington's Ammo Business for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    So now the pre-Express 870 is like the pre-64 Model 70 or the no-lock S&W revolver?

Okie John
    With the 870, you have pre-impressed checkering, post-impressed checkering, pre-J-Lock, post-J-Lock, detent magazine cap, milled extractor, stock wood (walnut or hardwood), brazed barrel ring,etc. There have been a ton of changes over the years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I wonder if it's because they know they'll be competing with all the used guns out there, and by the time you tool up to make a copy, it ain't worth it?

I'm spitballing here. Outside the p-f cognoscenti, I feel like the shotgun market is pretty soft right now. That's the impression I got from one of my LGS owners.

Everybody wants AR15s.
    Talking to other local FFL's in my area, what the panic customer wants depends a lot on what they already have.

Folks with nothing want a .38 or 9mm or for the sock drawer.
    Folks with a .38 in the sock drawer want a 12ga for the closet.
    Folks with a .38 and a 12ga want a 'high capacity' something.
    Folks with a .38, 12ga, and Glock 17 want an AR.
    Folks with a full safe are looking for bulk ammo and 'extra' guns they like.

Sometimes the folks with nothing want a .38 *and* a 12ga, and sometimes they're prior service, and jump straight toward an AR instead of anything else due to previous experience.

Speaking generally, of course.

Every single distributor I'm tied into is cleaned out of every brand and model of 12ga that's shorter than 26in. The TAC-14's and Shockwaves are pulling stupid money right now, I wish I'd bought a few dozen of them to flip when the getting was good.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

Sometimes the folks with nothing want a .38 *and* a 12ga, and sometimes they're prior service, and jump straight toward an AR instead of anything else due to previous experience.

Speaking generally, of course.
    I fit that mold somewhat from my prior service in LE. A few Glocks, a J-frame. an 870 and an AR. All firearms I carried and employed during my years with Uncle. (Of course I also carried and trained with a few I don't personally own...but those represent what I carried more often than not on any given day.)

There's something to be said for comfort and familiarity with a weapon system...especially if one is not a "collector" but more utilitarian in regard to what he or she purchases.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    With the 870, you have pre-impressed checkering, post-impressed checkering, pre-J-Lock, post-J-Lock, detent magazine cap, milled extractor, stock wood (walnut or hardwood), brazed barrel ring,etc. There have been a ton of changes over the years.
    Don't forget Flexitab upgrades!

And don't get me started on the 20ga models.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

IMPORTANT UPDATE re: BARNES

Barnes was bought not by the group that owns PSA.

Barnes was just purchased by Clarus Corporation, owners of Sierra Bullets: https://www.thetacticalwire.com/rele...8-601240845d3c

That's absolutely GREAT news...

Here's a couple of quotes:

Clarus’ Executive Chairman, Warren Kanders, commented: “The Barnes acquisition caps off our strategy to build a leader in specialty premium bullets and ammunition. We now have a platform of scale that we expect to continue to deliver strong recurring revenue with high gross margins and free cash flow conversion. This acquisition also demonstrates our ability to patiently wait for strategic assets at attractive values that we expect to drive growth and maximize our returns on invested capital. We look forward to further acquisition efforts being in similarly accretive, strategic areas outside of the bullet and ammunition market.”

Clarus’ CFO, Aaron Kuehne, added: “The opportunistic and strategic acquisition of Barnes represents an accretive, tuck-in asset that brings our bullet and ammunition business additional capacity in a period of great demand and improves our overall scale within our Sierra segment. In addition, the acquisition presents significant financial and operational synergies that we expect to maximize with our strong balance sheet. As such, we expect our leading specialty bullet and ammunition platform has long-term runway to becoming a segment with $100 million in sales generating 25-30% adjusted EBITDA margins.”
    ___

I now give absolutely zero fucks what PSA does with Remington ammo; Barnes is/was the only thing I care(d) about.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    IMPORTANT UPDATE re: BARNES

Barnes was bought not by the group that owns PSA.

Barnes was just purchased by Clarus Corporation, owners of Sierra Bullets: https://www.thetacticalwire.com/rele...8-601240845d3c

That's absolutely GREAT news...

Here's a couple of quotes:

___

I now give absolutely zero fucks what PSA does with Remington ammo; Barnes is/was the only thing I care(d) about.

PSA didn't get the ammo business it's going to Vista Outdoor. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1118735
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    PSA didn't get the ammo business it's going to Vista Outdoor. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1118735
    Excellent.

Because I'll be honest, all I could see was PSA trying to exclusive line ammo and fucking everything up. I really don't care much what they do with the lines they bought.

Here's a not at all happy or fun update: we now know who Roundhill Group is. According to court filings, the principles of Roundhill are Scott Soura (run of the mill VC type), and Richmond Italia, who sits on the BOD of GI Sportz, a paintball gear company.

Also on the board of GI Sportz is...Ken D'Arcy, the current CEO of Remington, who is arguably responsible for running them into the ground. This whole thing stinks of collusion.

I don't get the conspiracy. Everyone knew Remington was on the chopping block for months so how is someone telling someone who tells someone a big deal. I would imagine when Richmond Italia told Scott Soura his reaction should have been "no shit Sherlock".
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I don't get the conspiracy. Everyone knew Remington was on the chopping block for months so how is someone telling someone who tells someone a big deal. I would imagine when Richmond Italia told Scott Soura his reaction should have been "no shit Sherlock".
    It's more that the current CEO of Remington told Richmond Italia about Remington's assets being for sale. Richmond and Ken sit on the board of the paintball company together.

User Tag List