Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Remington's Ammo Business for Sale

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    This is great news for the industry, for enthusiasts, and for 2A. It seems that every new partnership is a perfect fit.

The only thing in that that doesn't make me happy is having basically Vista and Olin as a duopoly of big ammo players. Am I forgetting anything obvious?

I am stoked about Ruger taking over Marlin. I've just been thinking today about how well a 4 5/8 flat top and 1894 in .357 would go together.

Sierra and Barnes together is one heckuva complete company.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Roundhill group LLC gets Remington firearms. Who are they?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

A quick Google suggests they may be another round of vulture capitalists.
    Not another dime.

Full breakdown of the Remington asset sale:

Good news is Vista getting the ammo business and Ruger getting Marlin. News that does not make me optimistic is the Roundhill Capital acquisition of Remington's core firearms business, as we've been down this road before and...well it got us here.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post

I am stoked about Ruger taking over Marlin. I've just been thinking today about how well a 4 5/8 flat top and 1894 in .357 would go together.
    I think they could bundle a wheel gun and a lever gun together in a common caliber and make a killing.

I've feared for the future of Marlin. We seem to be going through a lever gun resurgence, so this is great timing.

My biggest worry about all this has been "what's going to happen to Marlin?" When it comes to Remington proper, I have concerns for all those jobs that are in play, but when it comes to the actual product line, I really don't care. Remington wasn't making anything that couldn't be had for better and/or cheaper from somebody else.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

If they do decide to package revolvers and lever guns together, the marketing campaign could feature folks doing rugged, outdoorsy stuff while wearing rugged outdoorsy clothing. Slogan: "Guns To Ride The River With"

That shit would sell itself.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I think they could bundle a wheel gun and a lever gun together in a common caliber and make a killing.

I've feared for the future of Marlin. We seem to be going through a lever gun resurgence, so this is great timing.

My biggest worry about all this has been "what's going to happen to Marlin?" When it comes to Remington proper, I have concerns for all those jobs that are in play, but when it comes to the actual product line, I really don't care. Remington wasn't making anything that couldn't be had for better and/or cheaper from somebody else.
    I agree about the bundling, especially for Cowboy Action Shooting. Two Vaqueros and a 1894 for that sport. I can also see things like a .454 Casull or .480 Ruger 1895 lever action. Or a Super Blackhawk or Super Redhawk paired with a 1894 or 1895. Or a 39AS paired with a Single-Six or Single-Ten or a Wrangler paired with a M60.

There are tons of possibilities, like a stainless 39AS, the return of the Papoose, new Goose Gun gauges, and updates to the 336 line.

I had really hoped that someone who actually wants to make good guns would end up with the Remington gun business. It's well past time for a decent new-production 870 line. But I'm not optimistic when it gets bought up by another vulture capitalist firm.

Ruger picking up Marlin could be awesome.

Vista picking up the ammo business sure puts a whole lot of ammo production eggs in one basket. That worries me.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

If they do decide to package revolvers and lever guns together, the marketing campaign could feature folks doing rugged, outdoorsy stuff while wearing rugged outdoorsy clothing. Slogan: "Guns To Ride The River With"

That shit would sell itself.
    Sell the clothes, too. That's where you'd make the most money.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Remington wasn't making anything that couldn't be had for better and/or cheaper from somebody else.
    Or just the past. All their stuff worth having has been in production for >60 years.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Sell the clothes, too. That's where you'd make the most money.

Okie John
    It seems to work for Beretta.
    Not another dime.

User Tag List