Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiley-X Frames that Work for Daily and Range Us

Site Supporter

Wiley-X Frames that Work for Daily and Range Us

It’s time for new glasses and I want to get a pair that work for both daily and range use. The bike shop I work at is a Wiley-X dealer so I can get them at cost. They still ain’t cheap so I’ll be getting one pair. Which frames would work best? Is there a tint that works for daily use, or should I just go with clear? Thanks!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    It’s time for new glasses and I want to get a pair that work for both daily and range use. The bike shop I work at is a Wiley-X dealer so I can get them at cost. They still ain’t cheap so I’ll be getting one pair. Which frames would work best? Is there a tint that works for daily use, or should I just go with clear? Thanks!
    Glasses are extremely face shape dependent (I have a narrow face) . With that in mind I’ve been really happy with the air raige for a few years. I generally use them without the foam gasket. And I like the polarized smoke lenses for daily use, I tried a more amber tint and realized I really don’t like lenses that cause a shift in the color spectrum for daily use, it kinda messes with my head.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Glasses are extremely face shape dependent (I have a narrow face) . With that in mind I’ve been really happy with the air raige for a few years. I generally use them without the foam gasket. And I like the polarized smoke lenses for daily use, I tried a more amber tint and realized I really don’t like lenses that cause a shift in the color spectrum for daily use, it kinda messes with my head.
    I've been using the same frames and lenses for daily and range use for about 5 years (Air Rage with polarized smoke lenses, minus the gasket - actually, I'm not even sure I still have the gasket). I have a child-sized head, though. Or, uh, "narrow face" as Caballoflaco says. I've been very happy with them. Not looking forward to the eventual replacement.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I’ve been wearing the Valor frames for about 3 years now. I dig the frameless lower portion that doesn’t block peripheral vision

The lens scratch pretty easily if left out of the case.

Replacements are in a variety of shades, the rubber “cablz” neck tether is my preference for keeping up with them

Site Supporter
    To clarify: I need new prescription glasses. Should’ve specified that in the original post.

I've been wearing the Wiley-X Worksitght Profile frames with their prescription lenses for several years now. I'm a big fan, and my latest pair are the transition ones which change tint very quickly.

https://wileyx.com/wx-profile-ophthalmic-wsprf01

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    To clarify: I need new prescription glasses. Should’ve specified that in the original post.
    My local eye dock put prescription lenses in the Air Rage frame for me.

I’ve only had them for about three weeks but I have been really liking the valors and according to the box they are prescription ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I owe Wiley the vision in my right eye. I can't find the picture of my old Romers with the piece of bullet jacket stuck in the lens.

I've had mixed results with the Valors. They nose pieces have broken off, and I've gone through three sets of the smoke lenses. The little nub breaks off in the corner. But I change my lenses out a bunch too.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I bought these to use on our Africa trip last year and to also use for work and on the range. They have a bit of blur on the edges and are heavier than I care for but overall I’ve been quite satisfied.

https://wileyx.com/wx-hayden-sunglasses-achay04
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List