Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New: DAA Alpha XiP Competition Magazine Pouches

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Any more updates on the DAA XiP’s since the season’s underway?
    I had major issues with the rear insert popping out. I called daa and tried all their suggestions. I was about to get rid of them because I had little confidence in them. Turns out there is an extremely easy fix that I discovered on my own. A piece of painters tape on the back of the rear insert covering the metal spring and it will not ever come out. I’ve not had a single one pop out now I’m several thousand reps.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I had major issues with the rear insert popping out. I called daa and tried all their suggestions. I was about to get rid of them because I had little confidence in them. Turns out there is an extremely easy fix that I discovered on my own. A piece of painters tape on the back of the rear insert covering the metal spring and it will not ever come out. I’ve not had a single one pop out now I’m several thousand reps.
    Name:  D04ECB3B-F80E-4C0D-8CD5-3428D425F024.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  34.8 KB
    This and blue Loctite on the screw solves all the issues of the pouch. I continue to beat mine up and have never had the insert budge since doing this hack.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Update: I ran these at USPSA nationals and love them. Did the tape trick above and haven't had an insert pop out since. The ball joint is excellent, as it allows me to angle the front of the magazine at about 30-45 degrees away from my belt, which gives me an easy angle to grab them.

Fatal Flaw

Sadly, I’ve discovered the fatal flaw of these pouches: Metal on plastic at the largest stress point. In chasing a sub second reload I’ve become much more aggressive on the mag grab and have now done this to three pouches
    Name:  33029F42-E69F-4D57-8312-D221B62EA54C.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  34.6 KB

This results in about 1”-2” of wobble in the pouch.

I’ll also add that this probably won’t be an issue for people the run their pouches mostly vertical.
    Last edited by JCS; 06-25-2021 at 05:22 PM.

I need to give DAA props because they stand behind their products and took care of me. Excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    I need to give DAA props because they stand behind their products and took care of me. Excellent customer service.
    Were you able to just buy a replacement body? I did that to one and stopped using them. I switched to the metal ones and so far they are holding up but its only been about 6 weeks.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

Quote Originally Posted by foxj66 View Post
    Were you able to just buy a replacement body? I did that to one and stopped using them. I switched to the metal ones and so far they are holding up but its only been about 6 weeks.
    They offered to replace the entire unit but not body. I ended up getting a credit of equal $ value and got the Alpha Xi pouches. I think it's a better design but like you said, time will tell.

User Tag List