Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New: DAA Alpha XiP Competition Magazine Pouches

I ordered a set of these after nationals and just set them up. So far I really like them. The leaf spring system DAA uses has always worked well but I think these will not get loose and be harder to break the ball joint.

I have used and broken the following:

DAA racers Little disk part always gets loose and has a wobble

DAA race masters Sheared ball joints off pouches

Guga Ribas. crack ball joint where it attached to mount and would wobble

Anyone have any more updates on these? I’m looking to pick up some new pouches to try bullets out.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Anyone have any more updates on these? I’m looking to pick up some new pouches to try bullets out.
    They seem good but I havent really used them as its my off season. Probably only 20-30 minutes of dry fire and a couple locals. They have stayed tight and I havent broken one yet.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

I’m going to pick up a set. I’ll update on my findings.

I also got some and so far I like them. Only used them for maybe 4-5hrs of dryfire and a match, but they don't seem prone to wiggling at the attachment point like the DAA Racers did. I didn't think the ball joint would make any difference for me but I kind of like being able to cant certain mags in or out as well. You can also adjust the height at which the mag rides inside the pouch by about an inch, which I like for production mags. When I used 17 round mags in my Racers I would sometimes smash the crap out of my hand because there wasn't much magazine exposed, but that shouldn't be an issue with these.

I hate anything that has ball-joint adjustments. They never last.

I've tried a bunch of expensive and complicated mag carriers, and all I use now are the cheap plastic Ghost carriers.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by foxj66 View Post
    They seem good but I havent really used them as its my off season. Probably only 20-30 minutes of dry fire and a couple locals. They have stayed tight and I havent broken one yet.
    Have you had any issues with the rear insert coming out when pulling out the mag?

Have you had any issues with the rear insert coming out when pulling out the mag?
    I had one want to pop down on my last mag pouch, but havent had issues with the ones actually getting used.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

Any more updates on the DAA XiP’s since the season’s underway?
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 04-11-2021 at 10:33 PM.

Mine are holding up well, ball joint hasn't come loose or anything. The rear insert can pop out if you don't have enough tension set because it'll have too much room to move backwards but once I got the tension set properly it hasn't happened again.

User Tag List