Thread: Dune (Movie Trailer) 2020

Dune (Movie Trailer) 2020

I never read the books, but loved the original movie. Gotta say this looks promising!

That music sucks but the trailer looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    That music sucks but the trailer looks good.
    Remade versions of classic rock tunes seem to be a "thing" right now in TV/film. Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" seems strangely appropriate....it ain't "Toto," though. That soundtrack was great.

Looks good. A younger Paul more in line with the books will definitely give this a different feel than the other adaptations. The bit of dialog about Paul's dreams gives me hope that the explanation of what the heck a "Kwisatz Haderach" actually is will make more sense than the 1984 flick, or the first novel for that matter.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    I've been waiting a long time for this movie. I hope it doesn't disappoint. Trailer looks great, but they always do. Dune is the one and only book I have read more times then I can remember, listened to the book on cassette tape numerous times, and listened to the audiobook a few times. I ordered the graphic novel from Amazon. I have three or four copies of the book laying around my house. I tend to buy them when I find them to pass out and spread the good word of Muad'Dib. I hope they release a nice little leather bound edition of Dune like they did for The Lord of the Rings.

I may start going door-to-door: Knock, knock-- "Hello, may I ask, have you accepted the Spice into you life? Here is a free copy of Dune. Please read it and I'll be back next week to discuss it's impact on your life".

A passage from Dune:
    "Muad'Dib learned rapidly because his first training was in how to learn. And the first lesson of all was the basic trust that he could learn. It's shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult. Muad'Dib knew that every experience carries its lesson.
    from The Humanity of Muad'Dib by the Princess Irulan"
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Love the book, loved the movie (I have watched the entire thing, not just the theatrical cut), and will watch this one like a giddy child.

User Tag List