Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Form 4 processing time?

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    Just mailed in my packet two days ago. Will update.
    Just picked up my Obsidian 9, so a bit under seven months.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    6 months for E-file (trust) Form 4 suppressor.
    Right at 7 months for the second suppressor.
    David S.

Does anyone know what the status is on the ATF starting eForm 4's again? I think it's been a couple years since I've heard anything about it.

Site Supporter
    So… secondary effect of the Gun buying panic of 2020.

May of 2020 I bought/submitted a stamp for a Gemtech Lunar9 (form 4/trust). As you know, the tax stamps on form 4s go to the dealer. So my form 4 was approved in October 2020. So Dealer got the stamp in October 2020 but never notified me. In May 2021 I’m in there to follow up on a lay away and the employee who went in back to get the gun asks if I’m waiting on any cans…..

TLDR 5 month ATF wait, 7 month wait for the dealer to get around to letting me know the damn stamp came in.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So… secondary effect of the Gun buying panic of 2020.

May of 2020 I bought/submitted a stamp for a Gemtech Lunar9 (form 4/trust). As you know, the tax stamps on form 4s go to the dealer. So my form 4 was approved in October 2020. So Dealer got the stamp in October 2020 but never notified me. In May 2021 I’m in there to follow up on a lay away and the employee who went in back to get the gun asks if I’m waiting on any cans…..

TLDR 5 month ATF wait, 7 month wait for the dealer to get around to letting me know the damn stamp came in.
    I’d be pretty hot about that.
    #RESIST

Yeah the dealer dropped the ball, but it's not difficult to figure out about how long the ATF should take to process the forms, and then give either the dealer or the the NFA branch or both a call, if your transfer is taking more time than that.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Yeah the dealer dropped the ball, but it's not difficult to figure out about how long the ATF should take to process the forms, and then give either the dealer or the the NFA branch or both a call, if your transfer is taking more time than that.
    My last rifle can via another dealer took 5 months so I asked about this can in January.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Does anyone know what the status is on the ATF starting eForm 4's again? I think it's been a couple years since I've heard anything about it.
    I heard rumors of this fall... but don't hold your breath.

I finally decided to get on the suppressor band wagon and did the prints, photo, etc last week. So, 7 months(ish) on the paperwork/stamp?

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    I finally decided to get on the suppressor band wagon and did the prints, photo, etc last week. So, 7 months(ish) on the paperwork/stamp?
    That's what both the ATF and a crowdsourced site are saying.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/...ocessing-times
    https://www.nfatracker.com/

User Tag List