Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barrel Length 12.5″ Caliber 5.56 NATO

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Hornady makes a 75gr TAP SBR load that looks interesting. I have never tried it so I can't give any personal experience.

https://www.hornadyle.com/rifle-ammu...-gr-tap-sbr#!/
    Take a look at the velocities of the the 75gr TAP SBR that I recorded in the embedded link in my above post - 2170 fps from a 10.5” barrel. That’s almost 300 fps slower that the 75 gr TAP T2.
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-12-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    For all my SBR's 12.5, 11.5, 10.5 I went with the 55gr Gold Dot because it is (in normal times) usually the lowest cost of those choices allowing me to stack it deeper, and I found the whole zero and POA/POI thing to be a bit closer to 55gr practice ammo than the 62/64/75/77 stuff.

I also buy into the idea of getting as much velocity as I can out of a defensive round in the SBR set of uppers I have. I am thinking any of those recommended rounds work in the 12.5, but I was able to stack my pile of the 55gr gold dots a lot higher prior to this outage.
    The stuff I had was also pretty hot, averaging 3000fps or so out of a 16.1".

I use 55 grain Gold Dot out of my 10.3” as a primary load. It’s very accurate in my AR pistol and seems to have a good report on doing was it’s supposed to do. I also have ran my 77 OTM handloads that I use for my MK12/SPR for accuracy and function with good results. POI vs POA is very close to the same at 100 yards.

User Tag List