Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: DB's Sub-1-Second Snubby Draw, Sloooooo-moooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Why go full extension when the target is so close? Why not fire one when the pistol is rotated on target and fire an extended 2nd only if necessary?
    I attended the revolver roundup last fall and watched DB run through this exercise. He did it well under a second, which I believe was a first for him, and as anyone who shoots competition knows, once you break the psychological barrier it gets easier on to repeat on demand. He and Wayne emphasize 2 things: not shooting too fast, and being sure of your hits. Maybe that should be in the reverse order.

With a 5 shot .38, nothing short of a perfect head shot is an (almost) guaranteed instant stop. Better to take another 0.1 seconds and be sure, than launch a glancing hit the have to follow up. For a close range torso shot, I agree- send ASAP and repeat as needed.

The snub is a “one robber” gun so you don’t have any rounds to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Why go full extension when the target is so close? Why not fire one when the pistol is rotated on target and fire an extended 2nd only if necessary?
    One of the myriad takeaways from a Cecil Burch class is the alarming realization of how easy it is to miss someone that you are literally entangled with. Seriously, it’s jarring the first time he walks people through it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    When my unit was mostly plainclothes I would run a 342PD in one pocket and a LCP in the other. I could be standing around agitated people being interviewed and look perfectly casual with my hands in my pockets...

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    I figure the same, but I was thinking if it comes to shooting I’m going to shoot from my pocket, not bothering to draw the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pol View Post
    I figure the same, but I was thinking if it comes to shooting I’m going to shoot from my pocket, not bothering to draw the gun.
    That can be tricky, in the case of pants’ pockets.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

As the person who recorded the video...

DB said he was gonna demo it and I said "wait! let me record it!" He did that cold. It was his first shot of the day.

User Tag List