Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DB's Sub-1-Second Snubby Draw, Sloooooo-moooooooo

Guy has an established grip on his pistol in his pocket. Pulls out gun and points it at a target about a meter away. What is so special about this? I think I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Racoon View Post
    Guy has an established grip on his pistol in his pocket. Pulls out gun and points it at a target about a meter away. What is so special about this? I think I'm missing something.
    How fast is your draw from concealment from a relaxed and normal posture?

When my unit was mostly plainclothes I would run a 342PD in one pocket and a LCP in the other. I could be standing around agitated people being interviewed and look perfectly casual with my hands in my pockets...

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Nice. I just dropped an Apex kit and a 442 hammer in a buddies 637 tonight so he can pocket carry it. I’ve been thinking about a 351c or 43c for lightweight pocket carry.
    How difficult was the hammer instillation?

This demo is less about his incredible speed and more about the benefits of a snub-nose j-frame revolver, particularly in the pocket carry role. One thing he likes about this mode of carry is that it allows the user to pre-stage a hand on the gun while maintaining a pose that appears casual and non-threatening. That's not something you can do with standard waistline carry.

Pre-staging the hand is useful option while still in the "don't shoot yet" (Haggard) phase. As you can see, it's pretty quick.

For pocket carry applications semi auto's are more likely to hang up on the way out, making them less well suited for this application.

@SeriousStudent, does that sound about right?
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How difficult was the hammer instillation?
    If you’ve done it before, easy as can be. Took me @10 minutes. The first time I took the side plate off a S&W was nerve wracking. That was way before YouTube was a thing. Gotta love YouTube how to videos now.

Name:  7C4B5844-7AF6-4CC0-9790-EBF5FEDBE4C6.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  36.3 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Drawing from a pocket holster is fairly challenging to do quickly even with an established grip. But hey, if that's not your jam here's a 0.98 to a 4 inch circle at 5 meters

I think I'm missing something.
    Ignorance is curable. Start by reading some threads and then you'll know the 'guy' is a respected trainer.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Here’s an real life example of a bad doing a pocket draw well, though his lack of shooting after the draw gets him killt in the street

im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I like the lack of shoulder movement. No telegraphing of the draw.
    Agreed!

Little details matter, so very much.

Pocket-Snubby Shoulder, the equivalent of Poker Face.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List