Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Lebowski's precision rifle money pit thread

Lebowski's precision rifle money pit thread

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    recommendations on an arca clamp to go on top of the Leofoto leveling head?
    Mine did not come with an Arca clamp, but I had a few Wimberly clamps in my photo box. I’d just get a cheap Chinesium one.

The half-ball leveling plates work differently than a full ballhead. I’ll never use a ballhead for shooting again.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

The wind was ungodly bad today out to a thousand. Holding three mils to hit a 10” target was common. It was also cold. Much fun was had

Name:  927F6C07-72C0-439F-B709-C56A4D58AD9A.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  38.7 KB

Name:  2EB4E44A-7A8A-41FB-98ED-B7E6D95380B4.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  58.1 KB
    #RESIST

Is there a general procedure for shooting from a tripod? Do you lean into it and load the legs like a bipod (is that even possible? Is it terrain dependent?) or does it simply support the rifle and take one human variable out of the equation?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Is there a general procedure for shooting from a tripod? Do you lean into it and load the legs like a bipod (is that even possible? Is it terrain dependent?) or does it simply support the rifle and take one human variable out of the equation?
    @Clusterfrack is probably better versed to answer than me, but I don't load the legs per se, but I do run my sling out and either attach to my belt with a carbineer when standing, or elbow wrap when sitting. High prone is usually a "hasty" position, so I really just lean into it a bit.

Keep in mind though, I'm not a match shooter, but rather training for hunting.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    It's tricky, and does take some practice to avoid letting the rifle "free recoil". Some tricks to "load" the gun without tipping the tripod over include lowering the front leg, attaching a strap from the center to your belt, or grabbing a leg with your weak hand. I don't like a bunch of extra crap, so I like grabbing better than a strap. But, I'm still not as good on a tripod as my precision rifle team partner and he's all about the strap.

I recommend practicing to see what you can get away with for a given target difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    18.5lbs with unloaded mag on The Dude's scale.
    Gonna order one in 6mm Creedmoor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Gonna order one in 6mm Creedmoor.
    My ordering process with Masterpiece Arms was painless. JV_ actually seems impressed with my rifle, you know him. I’d be happy to to let you finger fuck and shoot the rifle before ordering your own. That being said, I also think that the American Rifle Company Nucleus Gen 2 is worth considering.
    #RESIST

My ordering process with Masterpiece Arms was painless. JV_ actually seems impressed with my rifle, you know him. I’d be happy to to let you finger fuck and shoot the rifle before ordering your own. That being said, I also think that the American Rifle Company Nucleus Gen 2 is worth considering.
    I love my ARC Nuke 1.1 long action.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I love my ARC Nuke 1.1 long action.
    I barely missed the release of the Nuc 2.0, I totally would have gotten that over what I have
    #RESIST

I barely missed the release of the Nuc 2.0, I totally would have gotten that over what I have
    I have the nucleus 1.0 with Barloc system barreled in 6.5 Creedmoor and I need to shoot it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List