Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lebowski's precision rifle money pit thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    Yes. T1x is a very nice rifle at a reasonable price. I like Wolf Match Target for medium price accurate ammo. SK is nice too.
    IIRC, Wolf Match Target and SK Jagd are produced in the same factory on the same equipment. When I’m buying for my heavy barreled Savage, i buy whichever is a little cheaper, if I’m not springing for Eley.

CCI Blazer actually does pretty well, for a less-expensive option.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Oh, I get it; we did a lot of it in the Corps. What sling do you like for PRS type stuff?
    Armageddon Gear PRS, accept no substitute..

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerf16 View Post
    Yes. T1x is a very nice rifle at a reasonable price. I like Wolf Match Target for medium price accurate ammo. SK is nice too.
    I went ahead and ordered a few bricks of Match Extra, as that was in stock. May as well get it before that too runs out. Thanks!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I want to take a class there. I was shocked at how heavy my Shmedium is.
    You’ll probably like the pint size heavy better. If I can only have 1 bag- I use the canvas pint size heavy. It’s the most solid positional bag I’ve used. Most matches I go to, the top 10 are all using the same. I also recommend a “pillow” of some type. I use an AG fat bag. It’s useful on awkward props. Don’t discount your equipment backpack either. I often build up my rear using my pack on an “other than prone” low position. In 3 years I’ve never seen anyone use a sling during a PRS stage. I’m not saying you can’t, but there’s probably a reason no one does. I take one simply to sling up if I’ve got a long hike between stages.

Also- if you don’t already, get a good pair of binos. I run the Leupold BX-4 pro guide 12x. I find they work really well, and compared against my friend’s Swarovski’s, I don’t think the Swaros are $2,000 better. I spot impacts at matches out to 1K with 12x quite well. But you will need a tripod to get them steady enough. RRS is the top dog. But I run a $300 Leofoto for spotting. I can and have shot off it just fine.

I ordered my Tikka T1X today. With ammo, taxes, and transfer fees, I am $800 into the money pit thus far. Next I get to order an optic...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I went ahead and ordered a few bricks of Match Extra, as that was in stock. May as well get it before that too runs out. Thanks!
    When you get it, I’d be interested to know who made it. I’ve shot a bunch of Match Extra that was made by SK. The last brick I bought was made by Eley.Name:  92F69731-2CBD-4638-8DF1-4B148223DDCA.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  88.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    When you get it, I’d be interested to know who made it. I’ve shot a bunch of Match Extra that was made by SK. The last brick I bought was made by Eley.Name:  92F69731-2CBD-4638-8DF1-4B148223DDCA.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  88.8 KB
    I don't expect it for a few weeks as the seller was claiming a 10-15 day lead time to ship, but I'll let you know. Their website claimed it was Eley made.

The temperature gauge on my barrel made me put a RifleKuhl barrel cooler in my cart at Amazon. Do I need this?
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I ordered my Tikka T1X today. With ammo, taxes, and transfer fees, I am $800 into the money pit thus far. Next I get to order an optic...
    Vortex and Athlon make excellent precision rimfire options. I'm running an Athlon Midas Tac on my T1X and a Vortex Diamondback Tactical on my 10/22. Both have worked well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    Vortex and Athlon make excellent precision rimfire options. I'm running an Athlon Midas Tac on my T1X and a Vortex Diamondback Tactical on my 10/22. Both have worked well for me.
    I've been looking pretty hard at the Athalon Midas. I'm curious if that or the Ares BTR Gen 2 is the better option (they're the same price).

Based upon my limited knowledge, it's between those two and the Strike Eagle 5-25. I'd really prefer not to spend much beyond $8-900 on this absent a compelling reason, given that I've still got a chassis (KRG Bravo), bipod, rail, rings, and a bag to buy. Thankfully I can spread those purchases out a bit.

User Tag List