Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lebowski's precision rifle money pit thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The temperature gauge on my barrel made me put a RifleKuhl barrel cooler in my cart at Amazon. Do I need this?
    Absolutely not. Do not buy or use one. They are a joke, and they will drive you crazy with the buzzing. People will make fun of you. You will have plenty of down time between stages for your barrel to cool.

If you are practicing on a hot day- reference my cold towel technique. That actually gets your barrel cold quickly so you can get back to shooting.

A fellow forum member who is also a PF founding member, former mod, and a very good friend of mine shot this three shot group with SIG factory ammo out of my rifle today. I’m obviously consumed with petty anger and jealousy

Top group above the target. We measured it at .25MOA.

Name:  D8A98520-D395-4AF0-9F53-DE24C5BA6306.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  50.0 KB
    #RESIST

I don’t care how nice the rifle is, that’s trigger mastery.
    Ignore Alien Orders

With factory ammo, that's real nice.

But it would appear somebody threw shot #4 and #5 clean off the paper.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Without a significant drive, the longest range I have access to is a 200 yard range. I’d like to learn a bit about precision shooting, and so I figured a .22lr at those ranges would allow me to do that. 100-200 should force me to make wind calls and dial for elevation, both of which are new to me.

I’m not willing to drop custom rifle money at this point, so would a Tikka T1X in a KRG Bravo chassis be a reasonable starting point? What would be some good alternative options? I’d like to keep the rifle itself under a grand if possible, minus optics, bipods, bags and the like.

Ammo is my other unknown, as I assume my stash of Wal Mart .22 ain’t gonna cut it.
    I know you already bought the T1x but another good option for others shopping for a short-med range precision rifle would be a “real “ rifle but chambered in .556. You can learn alot about wind from that caliber at 1-200. Or a good practice gun at not much more expensive to shoot when reloading for it.

I had to double check... This group was shot with SIG hunting ammo.

This stuff.

A fellow forum member who is also a PF founding member, former mod, and a very good friend of mine shot this three shot group with SIG factory ammo out of my rifle today. I’m obviously consumed with petty anger and jealousy

Top group above the target. We measured it at .25MOA.

Name:  D8A98520-D395-4AF0-9F53-DE24C5BA6306.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  50.0 KB
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    With factory ammo, that's real nice.

But it would appear somebody threw shot #4 and #5 clean off the paper.
    We literally ran out of ammo.
    #RESIST

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Nevermind.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I’ve got one of these on order and they’re known for shooting factory ammo well, at the expense of having a tight chamber cut for factory ammo and they can get a carbon ring easily.
    Very nice. I looked at that MPA PMR Pro as well. I went with the MPA BA 6.5 CM so managed to throw an additional $700 or so at a non existent problem. Currently about half way through my wait so about 6 weeks until delivery. This will be my 1st 6.5 CM after a lifetime of shooting 308. I think in the 800 - 1200 yard range the improvement is significant. What did you decide on the sling? Never had a rifle nearly this heavy but always have used slings.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    Very nice. I looked at that MPA PMR Pro as well. I went with the MPA BA 6.5 CM so managed to throw an additional $700 or so at a non existent problem. Currently about half way through my wait so about 6 weeks until delivery. This will be my 1st 6.5 CM after a lifetime of shooting 308. I think in the 800 - 1200 yard range the improvement is significant. What did you decide on the sling? Never had a rifle nearly this heavy but always have used slings.
    I’ve no idea on a sling, hopefully I’ll get a suggestion or two here. You’ll love your new rifle, let us know when you get it.
    #RESIST

User Tag List