Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surefire XSC for SIG

RMR cc vs this.

It’s like trijicon and surefire were going for The Who gives a shit product of 2020.

We want- bigger optic windows - and more lumens.. not the other way

On a gun like my Glock 43 I want a solid unit with more run time. I am definitely willing to give up lumens for that.

Also on my Glock 43 I want an MRDS with a smaller footprint that fits the slide.

I don’t jive rechargeables for weapon lights.

Got a feeling this thing is going to be like my iPhone - either hovering at 48% or plugged in....neither of which make me happy

Huh. I am thinking it will run the other way. I can pop it on the charger every few days if it's not used, and anytime after using it. That way it's always near 100%, and I don't have to decide if it's time to swap out the batteries when they are getting below 50%.

Of course, that's all in theory. I don't know what it would be like to actually live with a rechargeable weapon light. The Olight BALDR Mini didn't work out for me, so it's still something I am looking forward to playing with rather than something I have actual experience with.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I am not looking for another “device” that needs to be charged. I ditched my Apple Watch for that reason.

There was a time SureFire was the company I would have trusted to pull something like this off. Lately, they seemed to have lost their way, and I am skeptical the thing will be viable. Much rather have a slightly larger light that uses a traditional battery.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am not looking for another “device” that needs to be charged. I ditched my Apple Watch for that reason.
    I Much rather have a slightly larger light that uses a traditional battery.
    At least there battery is not imbedded into the thing, but yeah.

My cheapie bluetooth headphones last a number of days on a charge and then are good spending the night on a USB wire hanging out of the computer.

My phone lays on a inductive charger overnight, if the weapon light could do the same then maybe...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I'm not sure why SIG hasn't partnered with Streamlight or Surefire to come out with a grip module with a light built directly in. The housing could be made that much smaller and could be flat or round depending on the battery. A pressure switch could be part of the deal.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I'm not sure why SIG hasn't partnered with Streamlight or Surefire to come out with a grip module with a light built directly in. The housing could be made that much smaller and could be flat or round depending on the battery. A pressure switch could be part of the deal.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Cost of multiple molds and ROI.

Re: molded-in lights\lasers\combinations.

Beretta had their own experiments with the Pico, which half of me wants to snag at reduced cost just to examine and understand better; but the main downside is that... they're all made for the Pico.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/las...se-pico/jfppy/
    https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...-beretta-pico/

Sig had the Lima5 grip module for the P320C, which I believe was discontinued at the beginning of this year. While a WML add-on that would have been triggered by the same integral grip-switch as the laser was mentioned, it never made it far enough into conceptualization and exploration to really have rough dimensions or even a vague look to it; every time it was spoken of at industry events, the reps were surprised that such a notion existed or that anyone had heard of it.

By the time the P365 released, time had reversed its flow sufficient for this reapproach to HK's USP Compact concept to do well for itself; with the Lima365 laser and Foxtrot365 light options for the proprietary rail, as opposed to trying once more the Lima5 grip module concept.

All of this is esoterica, and all of these products are market failures.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

User Tag List